safety switch

/ safety switch #1  

banjobj

Gold Member
Tractor
TC 21D
I had an interesting minor problem with my TC 21 D. It wouldn't start and I got looking into it and checked the bullet connectors that go to the pto and other safety switches. I unplugged the one that goes to the pto lever and clipped a 12volt neon tester to the wire and grounded the other to the frame and she starts. Any one else had this problem?

/ safety switch
I guess not /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ safety switch #3  
Just curious.. will it start with the connector simply unplugged.. or does that free end need to be grounded.. etc. In other words.. is the sensor NO or NC?

Soundguy

/ safety switch #4  
The only thing I've ever had happen with my 24D is sometimes either when I'm shifting into high range or engaging the mid-pto (I'm not sure which) I'll bump the rear PTO selector it will be ever so slightly "engaged." The PTO won't be turning or anything, but it won't let the tractor start. Pull it back to where it is supposed to be and it'll fire right up.

/ safety switch #5  
<font color="red"> The only thing I've ever had happen with my 24D is sometimes either when I'm shifting into high range or engaging the mid-pto (I'm not sure which) I'll bump the rear PTO selector it will be ever so slightly "engaged." The PTO won't be turning or anything, but it won't let the tractor start. Pull it back to where it is supposed to be and it'll fire right up.

</font>

I often wear "cargo shorts" and found that when I jump off a tractor, sometimes the bottom of the shorts will catch on one of the selector levers. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Have that happen a couple times and it will change the meaning of your phrase: <font color="blue"> Pull it back to where it is supposed to be </font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ safety switch #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I often wear "cargo shorts" and found that when I jump off a tractor, sometimes the bottom of the shorts will catch on one of the selector levers. )</font>

I don't usually where shorts, but I've done something similar last winter with my big Carhart coat. Jumped off the tractor and it caught one of the levers. Pulled in gear and kinda hung me there. Feet were barely touching the ground and I couldn't get turned back around to get back on the tractor. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif Ended up having to loosen the coat up some so that I could get it up and over the lever. Was pretty embarrasing - nobody knew about it until now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ safety switch #7  
<font color="red"> I've done something similar last winter with my big Carhart coat. Jumped off the tractor and it caught one of the levers. Pulled in gear and kinda hung me there. </font>

Jim, I have no sympathy for you. You were basically suspended off the ground by the fabric under your armpits in that coat. Try being suspended just above ground level by that little strip of fabric in your CROTCH /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif that's what happens when you catch a lever with a baggy pair of shorts. Sort of puts an extra bit of spring in your step for a few minutes!

/ safety switch
I didn't try that, but I will. Thanks for the info /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ safety switch
Needs to be grounded to start. I'm going to try moving the pto lever slightly as suggested by jwstewar. Thanks for the reply.

/ safety switch #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Try being suspended just above ground level by that little strip of fabric in your CROTCH )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif You are right, I guess you do win that battle - that is one that I guess I'm glad I lost. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif