10 HOUR CHECK -UP??

/ 10 HOUR CHECK -UP?? #1  

goatman

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC 30
I just read a post about 10 hour check up/ maint.. I have a -TC 30 with 15 hours other than check fluids should I change any thing?? thanks /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ 10 HOUR CHECK -UP?? #2  
I guess with a new rig I would be checking the fluids just about every time I use it to ensure everything is ok. As far as maintenance, I don't think you have to do anything until 50 hours.

murph

/ 10 HOUR CHECK -UP?? #3  
You may also want to check tightness of those bolts and nuts, especially on the wheels, FEL, and other parts getting the most action.

/ 10 HOUR CHECK -UP?? #4  
My NH TN65D had FOUR loose bolts on the wheels when I checked at 10 hours and both bolts holding on the FEL had to be tightened up a half a turn or more. You must check all the nuts and bolts you can reach on a new tractor because sometimes they loosen up after the first few hours of use and sometimes they were never tightened! I just noticed the nut holding on the right side of the my seat belt was so loose that with a few turns it would fall off ! I've had similar experiences with other brands of tractors, so its not just one make or manufacturer that sometimes leave things loose.

/ 10 HOUR CHECK -UP??
Thanks to all that have replied.. I am going to check every thing tonight as I plann on using the bush hog all week end... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif