Gold Member
    Tractor
    TC 33D

Default Fuel Gage

I had an interest event yesterday. My fuel tank said 1/2 full then ran out of fuel. I unscrewed the fuel tank cap and released a large vacuum that sent the gage to the bottom. Interesting!

Tractor
    2001 New Holland TC40D w/16LA loader

Default Re: Fuel Gage

I wonder why a vacuum would hold up the float....?

That's gonna be a pain to bleed the fule system. Well, maybe not a pain, but a time-waster.

That being said, I didn't think that there should be a vacuum in the tank. Maybe the cap vent is plugged up....?

Mark

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Case IH /DX33

Default Re: Fuel Gage

I had almost the same problem the other day. I was out brush hogging when my DX33 died out on me. I tried to restart it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img], no go.

I looked at the fuel level and it was higher than when I had started, so I took the fuel cap off with a release of the vacuum the level dropped from 3/4 to 1/4. After that it started right up and ran fine.

When I got back to the house I cleaned out the vents in the fuel cap, hopefully that will solve the problem.