I bet you never did this :)

/ I bet you never did this :) #1  

Chris527

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC 30 HST
Hi All,

Got a little bit to adventurios today with my TC 30. I was putting in a pipe and clearing a stream for my neighbor when we decided to try to cross a little upstream, heck he had it cleared and i walked arcoss it, seemed like a slam dunk. Well I got a dunk alright. About half way across my front end sunk down enough to to make me believe I better stop, back a fro a few times with the diff locked did nadda /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Now my front end is barely in sight and my left rear is sinking and going down. Decided to bail out at this point , the look on my neighbors face was panic, i jumped off laughing saying darn foolish boy in the mud. He asked me what i was going to do now and I said "HECK" get my camara of corse and a chain. A little digging, a few boards and a tug from his 4wd pickup and it was back to work. The low frame clearence on the backhoe was no help but I had been here before growing up on the farm and sinking a IH 986 to the rear axle, i had learned my lesson about going into a panic and digging myself in even deeper than need be. Anyway the day was not a total loss and was able to dig out the pipe and clean the stream. Pics enclosed.

Chris

Attachments

• 510406-burried.jpg
    510406-burried.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 772
   / I bet you never did this :)
Another Pic

Attachments

• 510408-burried2.jpg
    510408-burried2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 618
my neighbor relaxin after a hard afternoon

Attachments

• 510409-tim.jpg
    510409-tim.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 528
Pic of the stream bed

Attachments

• 510411-di2.jpg
    510411-di2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 502
   / I bet you never did this :) #5  
Your bucket looks dry. Didn't you try and push yourself back using the bucket? I've done that a couple times with my skidsteer, I'd imagine you could do a similar thing with a tractor.

/ I bet you never did this :) #6  
See attachment. Thats a 72" box scaper in the ice.

/ I bet you never did this :) #8  
Oddly enough, I did the same thing in my stock tank. I was digging out some silt when all of a sudden the Earth was getting taller. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
I tried everything I could think of and eventually broke out the shovel and rocks to make a path out.
Now I don't feel so bad. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I bet you never did this :) #9  
I was going to ask the same thing. I have been stuck bad enought that the bucket wasn't enough. I have had to use me left hand on the loader valve, and reach back with my right to pull using the backhoe bucket. Pedal to the metal also. Works well.

/ I bet you never did this :) #10  
I was going to ask the same thing. I have been stuck bad enought that the bucket wasn't enough. I have had to use me left hand on the loader valve, and reach back with my right to pull using the backhoe bucket. Pedal to the metal also. Works well.