No remorse here!

/ No remorse here! #1  

Snakebit

Tractor
TC35
I finally got disconnected from work and teenagers long enough to really get to know my new 35. Up to now, all I had been able to do is some field mowing and playing with a dirt pile to test the loader.

I have to admit that I had my doubts about compacts. Would 35 hp be enough? Would the loader really handle what I wanted it to? After working the rig hard for 2 days, all I can say is “What a workhorse”!!! I got a months worth of clean-up work done in 2 days.

I have to admit that “technique” is the secret. What started as a bit mechanical and one-movement-at-a-time, soon became smoother and efficient as I got to know the personality of the hydraulics and shuttle shift. My wife said she even noticed how I kept the tractor working as I got practice. (she also noted all the /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif“yoohoos” /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifand /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif “yeehaws” /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifthat I shouted from afar)

The coolest thing of all was when the bucket rescued the front end from a wheel deep mud sink hole I fell into. Without the loader, I needed my other tractor to get me out. With the loader, I simply lowered the bucket down and lifted the front end out of the mud. Then rolled the bucket as the rear wheels reversed me away from the hole. Supercool self rescue.

I’m sure all you guys already know what great tractors these blue machines are, but I am so pumped discovering it myself. The sometimes overwhelming responsibilities of keeping up with the properties I am charged with, seems far less daunting now! Life is good!

(Only 1 complaint: Sometimes my big butt doesn’t trigger the seat switch and sometimes I have to go from forward-to-neutral instead of reverse-to-neutral to get the safety wiring to allow the engine to run without me in the seat. Minor complaints though)

/ No remorse here! #2  
Congrats on the seat time! I bet it was pretty fun. What? No action pics? Shame on you! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ No remorse here! #3  
I've learned to not be obsessive about getting perfect big bites with the loader every time, and to utilize the agility of the tractor to move lots of dirt. I don't waste time raising and lowering my loader while sitting still. I do most of it on the go.

That shuttle shifter gets automaticer and automaticer, doesn't it? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ No remorse here!
Sorry no action pics on film.......but they are selfishly etched in my mind and I shamelessly went to sleep last night reliving them. How can you have so much fun at 3 or 4 mph? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( That shuttle shifter gets automaticer and automaticer, doesn't it? )</font>

YES! I read so much from the users of this board before I purchased and the ONLY thing I felt I was going against advice on was the shuttle vs hydro. But the bargain the 35A represented combined with the shear fun I have had with my bare bones MF231S, led me to believe I would be ok without the city-shifter.

Once you get the hang of that shuttle shift, it's actually part of the fun. I even got pretty good at changing ratios quickly as I changed direction. I'm very happy with the package and believe the "value" is as good as there is out there.

/ No remorse here! #5  
Can be real relaxing, playing..... I mean working with the blue toy. Call me spoiled, I love my hydro. Tap your foot and go any direction as quick or slow as the situation demands. The local dealer tells me on the tc 45 the hydro books for 4k more than a standard shift on trade. They just don't get them back. A neighbor or relative grabs the trade before the new one is ordered . Between four local dealers, never saw a used 30 to 45 on thier lot. They are very popular in every setting. The only place I will be looking for the clutch pedal is on the business end of a 427 chevrolet, back when GM made real cars. The blue toy would be hard to live without. It even makes picking rock a pleasure... How's that for satisfaction?