NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others?

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #1  

erosol

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
Would anyone know what the cross referrence numbers are for Fram or other filter manufatures. The dealers are too high on them. Emailed Fram and nothing back for them. I would need the two hydraulic and engine oil filter numbers.

Thanks, Erich. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif <font color="red"> </font>

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #2  
The engine oil filter will cross with several manufactures ...... but the expensive 60 plus dollar hydraulic filter will be a dealer only available filter ( for a while ). I don't think anyone will jump in to manufacture it right away due to the volume of sales. It would be great if all compacts used the same filter but that would be too easy.

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #3  
Erich,
I was able to cross 2 of the 3 over to Wix. Then was able to cross the Wix numbers to Fram. Here they are:

TC29DA
Oil Wix 51056 Fram PH8172
Hydraulic Wix 57098 Fram none
Hydro Wix none Fram none

TC33DA
Oil Wix 51521 Fram PH43
Hydraulic Wix 57098 Fram none
Hydro Wix none Fram none

I think I will stick with OEM filters myself though. With the prices, I think I would have saved $6.00, not enough to switch for me. Besides I get something engineered for my tractor versus something that "will fit".

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #4  
Wix, Purolator (pureoil.com) and AC all have cross references. Check out their web-sites for further info.

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #5  
NAPA carries the Oil Filters for the TC29D. The NAPA number is "1521" which replaces the New Holland number "86546618". I'm almost sure they can cross reference the New Holland Fuel Filter #NSBA360720020; HST Filter #NSBA340500890; and the Hydraulic Filter # NSBA340500720. Give your local NAPA dealer a call.

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others? #6  
On my prior blue unit I bought WIX filters from the local auto parts store. The oil filter was fine but the hydraulic filter was another story. As soon as I changed the hydraulic filter and completed the maintenance I fired the 'ol girl up and she squealed terribly. I about pulled my hair out trying to figure out the problem and decided to put the old hydraulic filter back on and sure enough the noise stopped. The problem turned out to be the amount of clearance in the relief area. I brought this to the parts dealer and he got ahold of the people at WIX.....don't know if they fixed it or not....I use OEM now and only OEM.

/ NH TC29D or TC33D oil filters from Fram or others?
That's very good advice. The few dollars that I would save or not, are not worth it, so I'll just get them from the dealer. Checked on prices from NAPA and they are about the same price.