TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #1  

Bob_Skurka

Sometime this winter I want to send my TC24 into dealership to have a rear remote installed. I also decided I don't really need a T-N-T system but would like the top cylinder for downpressure as well as tilt control. What type of top cylinder should I use? Any recommendations on sizes, brands, etc? Sources for those cylinders? Are the advantages to particular types?

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #2  
Bob,
A hydraulic top link is great for adjusting how agressive the cutting edge on a boxblade/backblade Etc. is while on the go.
But it will not give you down pressure on the 3 point.

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #3  
There are several threads out there describing your options for purchasing a top link.

Your best bet, in my opinion, is to get in touch with Mark Carter (CCI) and see what he has or when he will get his next shipment in. For the money, around $150-$170, it is the way to go since you are in no hurry. I waited 3 months last year for mine and it was worth the wait.

You can also purchase a cylinder from Prince or Chief and weld your own ends on, which would be the least expensive way to go, probably under $100.

There are other manufacturers and suppliers of top link cylinders out there too. Most are expensive, ie. over $200.

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #4  
My local NH has some in stock. I think they were gannon's. I have also seen some on eBay from wctractor I think. They were well over $200 though.

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder
Do the Gannon units have check valves? I am not positive on the this, but don't the check valve units prevent drift? I would certainly want a unit that wouldn't drift down the way a FEL does.

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #6  
Bob,
<font color="blue"> like the top cylinder for downpressure as well as tilt control </font>
A top cylinder will give you neither

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder
Inspector, by tilt I mean the changing the agressivness of the cutting edge not side to side tilt.

But why won't I get any down pressure? Or, maybe a better question is how can you get down pressure?

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #8  
The 3PH arms are what you'd get down pressure from, they free float as it is now

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do the Gannon units have check valves? I am not positive on the this, but don't the check valve units prevent drift? I would certainly want a unit that wouldn't drift down the way a FEL does.)</font>

The only HTL's I could find that had double pilot operated check valves were those from Carter & Carter (CCM) and Integrated Engineering (TCC).

On the check valves, some people swear by them while others say they make no difference. I have them on both my CCM top link and TCC tilt link cylinders. I claim they do what they are advertised to do. Others may have different opinions.

/ TC24 Rear Remote + top cylinder #10  
I purchased both my hydraulic cylinders from Integrated Engineering and they have yet to drift from where I have set them. No complaints here my friends, they do what IE say they will....