Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue?

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #1  

Mosey

Veteran Member
Tractor
2000 New Holland TC29D with 7308 FEL, and top & tilt. 1950 John Deere B. 1940 Farmall A.
I had a can of Old New Holland Blue paint and painted some stuff with it, but ran out. I had a can of Ford Blue and used it to finish up. I couldn't tell the difference and neither could my wife. So, it appears that Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue. I can tell a difference between Old New Holland Blue (before the year 2000) and New New Holland Blue (from the year 2000 on), so I'm not totally color blind. Can someone verify that Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue?

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #2  
Same color. The purchase agreement that specified dropping the Ford name also required a color change.

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue?
My 2000 TC29D is the old blue, but it doesn't have Ford on the name. What year did they drop the Ford name?

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #4  
My ex 1997 NH 1920 had both ford and NH on it. My 2002 Nh 7610s just says NH.

Soundguy

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #5  
I believe NH bought Ford tractor division in 1991 and from the agreement upon purchase they could use the name Ford for 10 years.

They sorta phased it out gradually from what I can tell.

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #6  
So, should I use the New New Holland blue on my tt45a? 2009 model. Thanks

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #7  
I can't agree with this. After the beginning of the 90s they have used three shades of blue.
First was the Ford blue. The old one from the 60s. It was like this:
92Ford8240.jpg
In 1995 they stopped using the Ford logo on the front.
Colors were also changed. Engine, axles and transmission were now painted black. Blue was also different. It was much like the color of blueberry.
95Ford8240.jpg
The difference can be seen very clearly. The color was used for a few years. TS-series was the last one to use it.
98NHTS110b.jpg
In 2003 they changed the blue again. This blue is still used today.
12NHT6.jpg

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #8  
I can't agree with this. After the beginning of the 90s they have used three shades of blue.
View attachment 365311
Colors were also changed. Engine, axles and transmission were now painted black. Blue was also different. It was much like the color of blueberry.
View attachment 365312
The difference can be seen very clearly. The color was used for a few years. TS-series was the last one to use it.
View attachment 365313
View attachment 365314
Thanks for the info but you are really late to the party! Still good info!

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #9  
View attachment 365311
View attachment 365312
View attachment 365313
View attachment 365314

Ford And New Holland only used one shade of blue up until Dec 31, 1999. After that, New Holland only used one shade of blue, often called new blue. Genuine New Holland paint has the date ranges of the two blues (and most other colors) right on the container. Anyone having specific part numbers for additional shades of OEM blue colors can chime in. I'm willing to be educated. Photographic "evidence" doesn't count. Until then, I'm saying there are two blues and that's it. Ford / New Holland dealership employee since 1996.

/ Ford Blue = Old New Holland Blue? #10  
Ford only used one shade of blue; up until Dec 31, 1999. After that, New Holland only used one shade of blue, often called new blue. Genuine New Holland paint has the date ranges of the two blues (and most other colors) right on the container. Anyone having specific part numbers for additional shades of OEM blue colors can chime in. I'm willing to be educated. Photographic "evidence" doesn't count. Until then, I'm saying there are two blues and that's it. Ford / New Holland dealership employee since 1996.

This paint chart shows only two shades of blue: New Holland Paint Chart

Steve