Power Shuttle Problem

/ Power Shuttle Problem #1  

1bush2hog

Veteran Member
Tractor
NH TN75
Fired my TN 75 up yesterday to unload my Farmi 501 off of a trailer. Started the tractor, let it warm it a few, put in gear, released brake, and moved shuttle forward - nothing happened. Went thru process again and tractor would not move forward. It would move in reverse though when I moved the lever back.

I had one of those flashing symbols on the display too, but haven't had a chance to check my manual out yet.

I'm thinking it must be one of the connectors are loose or has some water in it, or maybe a fuse. (I Hope ) /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gifAnyone had this problem before?

/ Power Shuttle Problem #2  
Sounds like you have a wire off of the forward clutch pack.

/ Power Shuttle Problem #3  
Yes I had a similar problem on my TN75D when they split it to fix a minor oil leak. A simple reprograming & calibration of the computer fixed it all up.

Andy

/ Power Shuttle Problem
Well, finally made it back up to check my tractor a little more thoroughly. Error code is 41, indiciative of a problem with the forward solenoid.

Guess the dealer will be making a trip out with his handy computer and parts to replace.

/ Power Shuttle Problem
Well dealer tech came out replaced the forward solenoid, did not correct problem. He then replaced the switch on the steering column which did not solve the problem either.

He was able to reverse the wires on the two solenoids and enable the tractor to move forward so I could at least get it out to the road, so a roll back could load it up.

Does anyone have any other ideas as to the source of this problem? Could the ECU module itself be bad?

/ Power Shuttle Problem #6  
Some tech. He needs to get into the diagnostics and do a switch/circuit test on the forward solenoid circuit. Should have done that before changing part #1. Gonna end up being an ECU problem, or more likely a harness problem. May well be a connector pin not latched in a plug, backed out and lost contact. Someone needs to show up with a laptop or PowerShuttle diagnostic tool and some troubleshooting skill. Did he retrieve the stored fault codes?

/ Power Shuttle Problem #7  
It's really weird that, all of a sudden, there are a couple of disabled PowerShuttle problems showing up at the same time. I wonder if it has anything to do with the weather (rainy, damp, cold), or maybe they made a bad batch of ECU's that we both got...

/ Power Shuttle Problem #8  
I had problems with the control computer on my TN75S when ever it was moist out and I had all the lights on and the machine idling. New Holland replaced the computer 2 times and the problem persisted. Finally they replaced the tractor and now the problem is gone. The problem with the original tractor was found to have two components, one of which was a voltage regulator problem which allowed the system voltage to drop below 10.5v (if I remember right)under very heavy load (all lights) which caused a computer malfunction and would not allow the tractor to move or restart if stopped. A quick jump, just enough to cause a pulse on the 12 v lines allowed the computer to reset. There were no disconnected wires or broken switches on my machine. Moisture definately played a role. The new updated TN75D has no such issues.

Andy

/ Power Shuttle Problem
I'm not sure what all he did or did not check since I'm in Atlanta and tractor is in NC. My Dad met the tech up at my property both times he came out. It is a small dealer and I'm not sure he had everything he needed when he came out. Sounded to me like he was guessing after replacing the solenoid, but maybe not. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dealer picked the TN up yesterday to take into shop, where hopefully they do have the right equipment and knowledge to get this fixed.

If not, maybe they have some new TN's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is certainly aggravating to have only 60hrs on my TN and start having problems already with the electrical components and not to personally have the equipment or knowledge to deal with it myself.

Guess I'll give them a shot at fixing and see what happens in the next few days.

Thanks for your reply Rick. I appreciate your comments and knowledge.

/ Power Shuttle Problem
I'm wondering the same thing about the moisture and the faulty ECU's. While I had my TN covered with a taro, there was some bad wind that came thru and ripped a 11ml tarp from end to end like it had been clawed by an animal. Do not suspect vandals though from the looks of the tarp it is rough tear but quite surprising, especially since it survived Ivan's 90+ mph winds.

The tractor had been left out previously uncovered in rain and wind without problems though, but possibly could have had a combination of elements that allowed moisture into vulnerable area.

I would never suspect a trator to be built that would not be able to function properly in the elements though - especially a TN.

I'm thinking the ECU is the culprit. We'll see.