Loader practice

/ Loader practice #1  

lblair

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC21D
Boy do i need practice. I aint worth a sh&# with this loader yet. Ive cleard a grown area on a 8' high x 60' long back and pushed the bank back about 20 feet the whole lenght. Got alot of good dirt from it. Im useing it to fill a low spot in my yard. This is my first compact...well tractor for all that matters. Any tips and pointers with the loader that would help me out would be great.
Thanks all, Larry

/ Loader practice #2  
have you tried to go up to a pile and back drag some loose stuff off the pile ((let me see if I can explain this) lift the loader up and the bucket down in almost a full dump postion, this will allow you drop the cutting edge into the pile and pull back some loose stuff. Then go in for a scoop of what you've pulled back off of the pile.

/ Loader practice
Yup, I do that. It works well. You can really go in for a big gulp that way. Thanks for the tip. I guess it just takes time in the seat to learn how to utilize the FEL. Thanks for your help
Larry

/ Loader practice #4  
that's about all I could think of. I'm sure everyone felt the same way when they first started using the loader. You go in for the BIG SCOOP, only to find out when you roll the bucket back up there's less than a shovel full that made it into the bucket./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

Think of it this way.. the less you get in the bucket the longer you get to play/work on the tractor. And.. You own it so there's no rush to get it back to the rental place before they charge you for another day/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif