Backhoe NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor?

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #1  

erosol

Silver Member
Tractor
NH TC29D
I just bought a Woods 7500 Backhoe with a 3 point set-up on it. It was used on a NH 1720 and he had no problems. The dealer said I better use a sub-frame mount set-up, because it will break the tractor in half. Anyone have any experience or know of anything like this happening? Should I use the 3 point set-up? Thanks for all your input.

Erich

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #2  
I've seen the transmission housing crack. It might even void your warranty. MF states in their price books that 3pt backhoe voids warranty, sub frame required.

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #3  
Two years ago, I considered buying a TC45D that had cracked the tranny housing because of a 3PH backhoe. Even though it had been repaired, I passed on it - just felt hinky.

So, yes, it DOES happen. Then again, it didnt happen to the previous owner's 1720...

Mark

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #4  
FYI a sub-frame is likely not compatible with your belly mower mounting brackets.

Using a non-New Holland hoe will void your warranty. A sub frame is recommended to distribute stresses. Whether or not you will have a problem depends on how hard you use it. Tractors can and do break in half...

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #6  
I agree a sub-frame is the safest way to go. However, if you exercise common sense, care, and caution the 3pt. setup it will work just fine.

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #7  
<font color="blue">...if you exercise common sense, care, and caution...</font>
Big 'if'. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You will know you did not exercise enough common sense, care and caution when your tractor breaks in half. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

"I can lift that rock."
"I can pry that root free."
"This field has no ruts so I can 'speed' across it. (with the hoe bouncing with every bump."

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #8  
I agree over the long term it's a good idea to get a sub-frame. However, you're not going to hurt anything if you want to try out your backhoe on the 3pt hitch for a while.

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #9  
We have all heard the horror stories although I personally have never seen any major damage done because of a 3-point mounted BH. I'm wondering if we should call the "Myth-Busters" to put this thing to rest.

We use a sub-frame BH ourselves but this is one of those personal choice issues in my opinion. What's good for me isn't always the best for you, get my drift?

/ NH TC29D & Woods 7500 Backhoe - Broken Tractor? #10  
I believe that Kubotas have a factory three point hitch backhoe and you don't hear that a bunch of orange owners have broken their tractors. That being said when I bought my backhoe recently I bought one with a subframe because I didn't want to chance Murphy's Law. What to much stress is I don't know but I kinda figured that in the heat of battle with a tree stump I'd forget all about discretion and do something foolish but that's my own personal opinion. The beautiful thing about this forum is that you get all kinds of good info and then you can make up your mind what's best for you.