Tractor Weight?

/ Tractor Weight? #1  

SteveInMD

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC33D
I'd like to buy a trailer for my TC33D but I can't seem to find the weight info. in the operator manual or on the NH web site. I've got a TC33D will CaCl filled rears, a 7308 loader, and a Woods 7500 BH. Can anyone tell me what this rig or any part of weighs?

/ Tractor Weight? #3  
7308 loader with mounting brackets weighs 590#.

/ Tractor Weight? #4  
Loaded tires adds ~800#? (educated SWAG)

Backhoe weighs 1,000#

Grand total 5,000#

You'd be about at the limit with a 7,000# "Car hauler". Keep in mind that trailers are rated at GROSS weight. You need to subtract the trailer itself to get your NET capacity.

/ Tractor Weight? #5  
I have basically the same set up as you with the exception of the filled tires as I have wheel weights and I ended up with an over kill 12k tilt trailer. I was really looking for something a bit less but the dealer gave me a real good deal. Personally I'd look for something with brakes on both axles, non passenger car tires with a bit of a fudge factor on net weight capacity.

/ Tractor Weight? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Grand total 5,000#

You'd be about at the limit with a 7,000# "Car hauler". Keep in mind that trailers are rated at GROSS weight. You need to subtract the trailer itself to get your NET capacity. )</font>

Good point. A 'standard dual axle car hauler with 1 axle of brakes, and a wood deck is going to weight about 1700-1800 easy pounds depending on ramp setup, and the amount of 3" or 4" metal used.

Soundguy

/ Tractor Weight? #7  
I'm glad too see this post. I'm in the same boat. I have been looking a trailers and may get one fron Northern rated at 7,000lbs. I have a TC-30 with filled R-4s and a fel. I have estimated this weight at around 3,700lbs without attachments.

My concern now is the capacity of my pickup. I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4wd 1500. It is rated to pull 8,000lbs. I like to have an extra fudge factor but it seems my set up is going to tax my pickup. I would appreciate any input.

/ Tractor Weight? #8  
I enjoy antique tractor pulling and regularly max out my 18 foot 7000lb "car hauler" behind my GMC 1500 with the 5.3 which is rated for 8000lb towing. I didn't want to feed a 6.0 as a daily driver, and Diesel doesn't fit my needs. All kinds of power, and with brakes on both trailer axles, plenty of brake, too. It fits my needs, and I am very happy.

/ Tractor Weight? #9  
<font color="blue"> it seems my set up is going to tax my pickup. I would appreciate any input </font>

I pull my TC18 setup (about 1,000# lighter) with my 1/2 ton Ford 5.4L V8 no problems. As Rick said, brakes on both trailer axles helps.

/ Tractor Weight? #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( My concern now is the capacity of my pickup. I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab 4wd 1500 )</font>
You should be fine. A full size pickup with correct hitch,and a car hauler that is within rated load and has at least one axles of brakes is a good 'fit'.

My dodge 1500 4x4 5.9L handles my 16' car hauler and tractor fine. I'm not sure what my ex-NH1920 and mower weighed, but had to be getting close to capacity.

Truck never strained, and having an axle of e-brakes was great .. 2 axles would have been icing on the cake.

My yukon 4x4 with 5.3L engine pulled the same setup a tad better, as the yukon weighed a bit more than my dodge.

Soundguy