Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    TC35D

Default How do I disconnect my seat safety switch?

It is near 10 degrees and my TC35D won't start, I want to disconnect the seat switch to disable the safety system to see if that lets the motor start. Right now it just spins over fast but never fires. I can not see under the back of the seat where the switch is. I can see 3 wires going in ( one orange and 2 white) I can feel the switch but can not feel that the wires are held in place by a disconnect. If anyone has unplugged theirs I would appreciate knowing what is there. It is very cold out there and I would rather not remove the whole seat to get at the switch if there is a way to just unplug the wires but it does not feel like a disconnect. Once I get it out do I jump all 3 wires together or do I leave them open and not connected? Thanks for reading my dumb questions but I will thank you for any help. Thanx Frank

Tractor
    New Holland TC35D c/w FEL, ACCO Allis 1614

Default Re: How do I disconnect my seat safety switch?

I would first look at the fuel. I had the same problem about 1 week ago & I realized I had not re-fueled since the fall. I put a whack of diesel fuel conditioner in the tank. Let it sit for half to one hour. If you have a block heater, energize it. Then try to restart. Mine started no problem. If your engine is turning over it definitely is not the seat switch. You would not get any turn over if the switch was not made.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Frank, I'm attaching photos to help you in disconnecting your seat switch if you wish to do that. You only need to jumper two contacts to bypass that switch as shown in these photos.

As Kozak noted, your engine will not turn over with the starter if the seat switch is malfunctioning. Perhaps your engine is too cold or the glowplugs are not working properly. It could also be that the cold weather has your fuel shutoff solenoid "frozen" so it will not allow fuel to your engine. There are only three things listed in the Repair Manual for "starter motor energizes, but fails to start engine." Those are: 1. defective operator safety module, 2. defective fuel shutoff relay, 3. malfunctioning fuel shutoff solenoid. Good luck. I don't envy you working in such cold conditions. That is definitely not fun. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Silver Member
    Tractor
    NH TC29D

Try warming the engine by putting a large blanket over the engine and put a space heater under it to warm it up. Drain the fuel bowl for water or ice that may be in it. Be careful and don't start any fires. Good luck.

Silver Member

Jinman,

I just have to know, did you run out and take those pictures today or did you actually have them on you computer already? When I first read the post I was thinking I'd see if there was enough light outside in the morning to snap some pics and post them before going to work. I guess it looks like I don't have too since you already beat me to it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    NH TC 35 had, now a TC35DA LS25 lawnmower

You may want to checkout your nuetral start switch also. Tried starting mine yesterday and wouldn't even crank. I wiggled the trans shifter back and forth with the key turned to start and it worked. I'm beginning to wonder about the checkout the dealer is "supposed" to do. There have been a couple of issues with this machine of mine that I feel the dealer should have caught and fixed instead of me. Read the post " Sometimes Cruise Control" and maybe you'll see where I'm coming from. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Beware Jinnman; the Safety Bypass Inspector will soon come knocking on your door with a citation in hand!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I just have to know, did you run out and take those pictures today or did you actually have them on you computer already? When I first read the post I was thinking I'd see if there was enough light outside in the morning to snap some pics and post them before going to work. I guess it looks like I don't have too since you already beat me to it [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )</font>

I faithfully sit by my computer all day long waiting on the opportunity to help someone. When I need a picture, I just take my camera and run right out and get the photo... NOT! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I had that picture from 2001, shortly after I bought my tractor. I posted it way back then, but I was just lazy and reposted when Frank asked his question.

I do have a lot of tractor photos though... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    TC35D w/ SS

If it was any of the safety switches.. it wouldn't crank over. As others have said.. check the fuel.. I'd do a quick check w/ the bleeder valve first.. okay.. maybe check that the fuel line switch is on.

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Beware Jinnman; the Safety Bypass Inspector will soon come knocking on your door with a citation in hand!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Egon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )</font>

What does OSHA stand for?
    Our
    Savior
    Has
    Arrived

Hmm... Maybe not. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Thanks, Egon. I'm watching my backside... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast