pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I would have posted these in vintage.. but my other post got bumped to the NH forum from the buying forum.. So I'll keep it in the NH forums.

By the way.. I finally after years of tractor ownership.. have a loader... As someone else said.. I've come into the 21'st century ( have a loader ) and did it on a tractor from 1955!

Soundguy

Here is the front right view

a25223.jpg

front left view.. neat beefy one arm loader. Has hyd up, and dump, via two spools on the tractor hyd cover. No downpressure.. but I can lower the bucket and then the dump cylinder is strong enought to lift the tractor a couple inches off the ground. This lader is rated anythere from 1000 to 1220 lift, and 2000 to 3000 hold. Thos numbers are soft and I've seen a few different sources that all float around that area. According to the tag.. loader is a 19-385.. making it a 722 loader I believe.

a25224.jpg

This appears to be a bucket that was modified as a maneuer scoop, in that long forks were added, and then a backing plate to the forks to hold more material, but still leaving 3" to 4" spikes out the front. ( It digs clay from a pile real nice too! )

a25225.jpg

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #2  
Got to love the old iron! Especially one that looks as nice as that. It looks more like a parade tractor or trailer queen than one that should be digging in the clay . . . welcome to the 21st century!

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #3  
The tractor looks to be in VERY good condition! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif With the loader on the one side of the machine, wouldn't that make it unstable with a load in the bucket? I always thought the one arm loaders would be a stability problem when loaded down.

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #4  
I should get a picture of my neighbors old Ford. It is an offset tractor where the frame sits to one side and the loader sits off to the other side. Goofy looking thing. I did see one place where Ford actually did make a tractor that had that offset.

murph

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #5  
Thanks for posting those pictures, Soundguy. I've never seen anything like that. Pretty wacky looking, but it sure looks like it does the job. The tractor itself looks awful nice too.

Cliff

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader
Ironically, it is my nicest ford, and in overall best condition that I can tell. I just picked up about 70$ worth of maintenance items.. belt.. oil.. etc for it. It's only issue may be weak brakes.. but I've already ruled out leaking axle seals. Looks simply to need the shoes adjusted.. or just new liners. easy/cheap job.

The bucket geometry seems to ballance out the load well. The loader has a long curved arm that mounts under the center of the front axle, as well as attaching to the left side of the tranny. The bucket is held offset, so the weight favors the 'hanging' side. Add to that that for a loader.. it is a small bucket. So far I think the loader is pretty good. I accidentally lowered it while driving in the pasture, and the tractor had no problem scooping up a hunk of pasture and grass!

Soundguy

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The tractor looks to be in VERY good condition! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif With the loader on the one side of the machine, wouldn't that make it unstable with a load in the bucket? I always thought the one arm loaders would be a stability problem when loaded down. )</font>

Stability is about the location of the weight. Not really a problem, any more than any other loader.

The problem with these loaders is a jarring load - driving into a frozen pile of dirt or repeatedly hammering into hard clay. The single arm will want to twist, and it is harder on the left tractor rail than on the right one. Over time they will fail to abuse a little quicker than a 2-arm design.

However, the small size of the bucket makes them pretty well matched for the stresses caused.

The One Armed Bandits are pretty neat, & a nice job of maintaining the equipment, Soundguy. In about 2 days, you will wonder how you got along without a loader! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #8  
SoundGuy,

That's an exceptional machine & in MINT shape to boot. Brought a tear to my eye !! Thanks for the pics.

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #9  
Soundguy, that tractor looks fantastic! Keep it clean for parades and county fairs.

When old tractors have implements of the same era attached to them, they are even more fun to look at...especially one-armed loaders.

That manure fork is the OEM-original #19-280 with the optional #19-211 Dirt Plate. It looks to be in A-1 condition. Most manure forks rust to nothing due to the acids in manure. You have a rare piece.

Be careful with the bucket tines. The tines look to be perfectly straight...another rarity. They will be hard to replace, if bent or broken.

/ pics of my 660 w 1 arm loader #10  
Soundguy, I forgot to offer you a photocopy of the old parts manual that I have for the 711 / 722 Ford loader. If you are interested, send me a PM with your address and I'll be happy to get it to you.