Oil & Fuel bleeding fuel system

/ bleeding fuel system #1  

wwayfarm

I just changed my fuel filter and my TC 45Dand now it will not start. I need to bleed the lines from the filter to the injectors. I cracked open one line and cranked the engine but I can not get any fuel to come out of the opened line. The fuel valve has two on positions. Is there a difference? How do I properly bleed the lines. There is a solinoid on the injector pump that I bekieve is used to allow fuel to enter the pump. I am getting 12 volts to the solinoid but do not know if it is operating. How does it come off to see if it is sticking. Anyone have any suggestions?

Mike

/ bleeding fuel system #2  
Get your manual out and read it. There is a hex head screw where the three fuel lines come out of the pump distributor to the pistons, open that screw and turn the engine over until fuel comes out with no air, then close it. Put the fuel lever to the O open position, C for closed on the filter housing. It will run rough for a few minutes until all the air is out. Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ bleeding fuel system #3  
I ALWAYS pull the small bleeder hose from the filter head on Class III's to bleed the filter. The NH engineers think fuel will push air downhill in that hose, but it won't do it at a rate I can tolerate. That is the only bleeding necessary if you do it BEFORE CRANKING. But you are well beyond that this time. Erosol has good advise.

/ bleeding fuel system #4  
When I change my fuel filter I usually don't have any trouble as long as you make sure the glass is full to the top. As I slide it up over the filter, the fuel will spill over but it has always worked for me. Otherwise the times I didn't have it full I would open the hex bolt and then turn it over a bit. I think you need a 11 or 13mm to loosen it. If it don't start then you may have to go up to the injectors. But that bolt has to have fuel before you will ever get any to your injectors.

murph

/ bleeding fuel system #5  
Please don't take this wrong, but when I bought my used tractor, (recently), it did not come with the much needed manuals. As far as I know the manufacturer went out of business and I cannot find a manual for the make and model tractor I recently bought. Others have told me the tractor, Agracat 200, is now branded by Jimna. The manuals that I have run across online are for the Jimna 200 model, which unlike mine, I believe is a 3 cylinder tractor. Unfortunately I am very new to tractors and do not know where the fuel system is. Can someone please help me? My newly bought tractor has been sitting in my field going on two weeks now. Thanks. brown2011

/ bleeding fuel system #6  
Just find any screw or nut head at the top of the filter and open until any bubbles stop coming out and just a good flow of fuel, then tighten back up. Then follow the line to right before the injector and see if you can find any bleed screw or loosen the line there until fresh fuel flows. Some diesel engine set ups just have one place to bleed the fuel system and some have up to 3 places. Some you also have to bleed before each injector. The newer Boomers do not have to be bled at all after filter change and are self bleeding.

/ bleeding fuel system #7  
Thanks Utopia Texas! We found the bleeder screws on the fuel pump, then loosened them. Air bubbles oozed right out along with the fuel. She fired right up afterwards. Thanks again. brown2011

/ bleeding fuel system #8  
I have a confusing situation with my TC33DA boomer. I ran it out of fuel - into the yellow. It stopped. I fueled up. Cranked. Got air in my system. I took off the filter bowl, dumped the fuel (perhaps water) out of it. I bled the system down to the injectors. Tractor fired up but very rough. It ran for about 3 mins.. then stopped. As if it ran out of fuel. Confused.. In trying to trace back, I ended up taking the fuel bowl off again.. and opened the valve. It dripped fuel .. but very slowly. Is this right? Shouldn't it pour fuel with the bowl off and the valve Open? If it should pour fuel I suppose i have a blocked fuel line? Is my thinking right? Any one know of a way to clear a fuel line.. it looks like a big deal to get at the fuel tank .. or is there a valve in line between the tank and the filter bowl? Any help would be real great right now.. I'm stuck.

/ bleeding fuel system #9  
peteh007, I am a first time tractor owner and know nothing about tractors, but here's what worked for my tractor: First I filled up the fuel tank completely. Next, I pressed down on the clutch and turned the ignition switch on while my husband loosened the screws on the fuel pump. The pressure from the full tank of fuel helped to push the fuel through the fuel lines while I turned the ignition switch on. I found a video on ehow.com that was somewhat helpful. Here is the link. I hope it helps you as well. brown2011.
Video: Restarting a Diesel Tractor After It Has Run Out of Fuel | eHow

/ bleeding fuel system #10  
peteh007, I am a first time tractor owner and know nothing about tractors, but here's what worked for my tractor: First I filled up the fuel tank completely. Next, I pressed down on the clutch and turned the ignition switch on while my husband loosened the screws on the fuel pump. The pressure from the full tank of fuel helped to push the fuel through the fuel lines while I turned the ignition switch on. I found a video on ehow.com that was somewhat helpful. Here is the link. I hope it helps you as well. brown2011.
Video: Restarting a Diesel Tractor After It Has Run Out of Fuel | eHow

Many thanks for replying!. I did bleed the lines, the bowl, the injector lines .. .. i am getting fuel to the injectors. But only a little. Th extractor will run ok for a minute or so.. but then it runs out. I think my fuel line is blocked from tank to fuel filter bowl.. but I'm not sure how to check. It drips out only. And so.. how do i clear it without taking the hole tank and fuel line to bits.. which means taking off the main blue switch panel.. hmm..