Tires Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires

/ Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires #41  
Charlie, I just looked in my TSC catalog and could not find the fixture. I don't still have the box, but I remember what caught my eye was that it was called a mower leveling/constant height attachment (or words to that effect). I saw it on the box and when I opened it, it was obvious how it worked. It may have been something purchased from a local vendor rather than a catalog item. I'm sorry. I should have checked it out before saying it was at TSC. It may only be at my local store.

I know you saw my picture, but did you see my sketch? It's on an earlier post, or just click on the link below. The sketch is not a CAD drawing, only a sketch, but I think any welding shop could make one for you pretty easily, but probably more than the $15 I paid for mine. The chain is welded to the lower tabs and they can be put over the 3pt pins on the mower, or if you use a stabilizer bar and don't have extra room, you can put the lower pad over the nut and bolt end of the pin. The upper toplink pieces are installed on a normal Cat I (3/4") toplink pin and then the chain put up and through the adjustment "keyhole" at the minimum height you want your mower. Just raise the lift and pull the chain through to the keyholes as desired. When you lower the mower, it will settle to the level you have set. It's all pretty simple. Good Luck.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forumfiles/13-54341-MowLevel.jpg

JimI

/ Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires #43  
Jim & John:
Thanks a lot. I can actually make it myself, but the $15 price is worth spending a bit of time to track down. My lack of skill with welder and milling machine mean that it is probably the better part of a day to make.
I'll try Central Tractor.

Charlie Iliff

/ Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires #44  
Thanks Kevin... that's the same thing @ Central Tractor...

mowerstabilizer.jpg

18-48044-JFM3BW5205SigFile.JPG

/ Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires #45  
That's it Kevin. Thanks a lot for "bailing me out" and coming up with a vendor. I did notice the price has doubled since I bought mine about 5 years ago. Have you used one of these? On an old tractor like my Jubilee, this attachment takes the weight of the mower off the hydraulic lift unless you need to raise it to clear some obstruction.

I guess I owe you one. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

JimI

/ Bush Hog Rubbing Rear Tires #46  
Nice drawing John. Boy, between you and Jim, we couldn't ask for better. This certainly is a case of "one picture ... worth a thousand words". I couldn't find the kit at my TSC store either but Quality Farm and Country did have it in their catalog, which I think used to be the old CT catalog, but it was $15.99, per side, like Jim says, I guess the price has about doubled. On my brush hog I use it just the way you've shown, except I put a forged hook with a retaining clip at the top of the chain rather and cut the chain to the exact length. I don't switch the hog between tractors so that setup works just fine. I had the chain pop out once with the setup as supplied from the store. On my mower, I included a turnbuckle at the mower end so I can get the level more finely adjusted. Seems like without it, movement of one link, always results in either too low or too high mowing.