Is your dealer connected?

/ Is your dealer connected?
Jim before you put your hard-earned money down on the table please see what the other dish users are saying about DirecWay 6000 systems. The Broadband Reports site is kind of a forum just like TBN. Being connected quickly brings you information such as this. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We think if you do some homework you will see that the 4000 system is the preferred system over the 6000 by a good majority of users. As I understand it the software resides within the 6000 modem and refreshes automatically whenever there is an upgrade from the satellite, while in the 4000 system it resides on one computer. The 6000 system while easier initially to network doesn't seem to be nearly as fast as the 4000 system in terms of overall speed and dependability.

We had our 4000 system networked to 3 computers and there is information at the Broadband site to help you make that connection rather painlessly.

We wish you luck with whichever system that you choose to install. We are confident that the folks at eBay will grab our system up quickly when we get ready to list it, need to wait for the snow to leave my roof before I'm getting up there however! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Broadband site click here

TC-40D SS web pictures click here

/ Is your dealer connected? #22  
Thanks for that info, Mike. When I get ready to make the plunge (probably late summer or fall) I'll remember what you said. I'll also look at the linked info. Again, TBN is a great source of info. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Is your dealer connected? #23  
Thanks for the information on the Broadband web site.

More than happy to help!

/ Is your dealer connected? #25  
Kozak,

That's a well balanced outlook.

We need to look at all sides of the issue. It's understandable that dealers feel threatened by customers that know more about widespread service issues and pricing than the dealer. Especially pricing! When customers are armed with pricing information, he feels like it takes bread off the table. Customer ignorance is a salesman's best tool, and it even helps keep food on the mechanics table.

Sometimes we forget that we are mostly "enthusiasts" here. We soak up every little byte of information like a sponge. It's hard to grasp, but enthusiasts are usually much better informed on broad issues than dealership personnel. It's a job to them, and the primary purpose of working their butt off is making a living. It's "fun" for us, and we sometimes get obsessed with the details if our hobbies and interests.

As I envision it, the natural evolution of the Internet will slowly cut out the middle men, and move inexorably toward dealing directly with the factory. Some day there will be no dealers as we know them. The dealers can sense this coming, and who can blame them for feeling threatened?

Meanwhile, there is a gap between the customer's vision of dealer service and the dealer's own vision. The gap is especially wide between enthusiast customers like some of us are.

The "Information Technology" tool apparently has not yet been factored into tractor dealer's budget's and strategies. I think dealerships can get on top of "IT", take advantage of it, and stick around for a long while. Some of the Internet-savvy ones are already doing it. However, the final outcome has already been decided. It's just a matter of when, not if. I give it 40 years tops, and you order your tractor online. You will probably take it to a local "qualified technician" for repairs. To see the tractors and implements up close, you will have to attend a show or display in larger towns.

PineRidge: Dynamite topic!

/ Is your dealer connected? #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( To see the tractors and implements up close, you will have to attend a show or display in larger towns. )</font>

Hey! I see another business here. When there are no more dealers "showrooms" in the country, some enterprising person will lease the most popular models from all dealers. He'll open a "demo" lot and charge admission. Let's see...

Farmer: "Darlin', you go ahead and take the kids to the movie. I'll be down 'ta demo lot puttin' quarters in the slots and ridin' them new New Hollan's. I gotta make my mind up in time to order that new tractor 6 months ahead of when I need it."

Farmer's Wife: "It sure used to be easier before we started buying on that *#@& Internet. We actually did things together like a real family. One of these days somebody will get smart and start sellin' them tractors locally. Rekkin' that demo lot feller would sell us one of his?"

Okay... I'm a skeptic. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Is your dealer connected? #27  
Jinman,

I seriously think you have nothing to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

murph

Might be the caffeine. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Is your dealer connected? #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jinman,

I seriously think you have nothing to do. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

murph )</font>

It gets boring sittin' here in the TBN "deer stand," and every once in awhile I have to take a shot at a tin can or two. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif