Bronze Member
    Tractor
    '01 TC29D FEL MMM

Default TC29D first use, FEL question

I got my first use on my í01 TC29D (bought used, 260 hrs). We are moving this spring to a new house and a 5 acre lot and since I bought it a month ago, itís been sitting in my garageÖ and me looking for an excuse to use it.

I decided to use the FEL to clear the driveway. Small driveway that I normally do with a 20Ē snowblower in 30 minutes. It was much more fun to use Babe (my wifeís name for my toy). It didnít take long to clear. Back dragging with float, and picking up piles was BIG TIME FUN. Iím sure the neighbors wondered what was up with a Ďrealí tractor driving around the court.

I noticed that the FEL (7308) is about an inch lower on one side vs. the other. Is this something that Iíll likely have to live with, or is there a way to adjust. I took a quick look at the FEL ownerís manual but didnít see anything obvious, nor did I see anything on the loader arms or mounting points.

Also, I searched for this question or answer in previous TBN posts, but didnít get much infoÖ sorry if itís an old story.

Thanks,
    Eric

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Default Re: TC29D first use, FEL question

Check the air pressure in the front tires. Make sure they're the same.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    New Holland TC40D Supersteer

Are your tire pressures equal, comparing rights to lefts?

Tractor
    Case 885, JD 730D, Ford 4000

Front axle oscillates independent of the loader frame; won't affect loader. Uneaqual rear tire pressure will cause the problem. Or several other things we don't want to get into yet.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    '01 TC29D FEL MMM

The front's were off by ~10psi, and the rears only 2psi. I equalized them and couldn't see a difference.

My guess is that I need to take it to a level spot, and loosen up ??. I did look at the four LARGE bolts on the frame at the front of the tractor, and noticed that they don't look equal in the slots (left side to right side). Also, on side had some paint 'wear' so it may have moved (or been moved).

Am I on the right track?

- Eric

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

Can you post some pics?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    '01 TC29D FEL MMM

I won't be able to take any pictures until next week (flying out of town). What area would you like pics of? Basically, the left front side of the loader is about an inch lower than the right (ie. if I lower the FEL slowly, the left corner would touch first, and the right corner would be an inch off of the ground).

Thanks in advance for the help from a great group...

Eric

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    NH TC25D

<font color="blue"> What area would you like pics of? </font>
    You mentioned "I did look at the four LARGE bolts on the frame at the front of the tractor, and noticed that they don't look equal in the slots (left side to right side). Also, on side had some paint 'wear' so it may have moved (or been moved)."

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Ford 2120 , New Holland TN75D, Hitachi UH083LC Excavator

In addition to the front tire pressure(and rear which is just as important), I wonder about the surface you were parked on when you noticed the apparent difference in height. It's pretty hard to find a perfectly level site for all 4 wheels and the entire bucket edge to sit on. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Andy

Tractor
    L4400

Front tire pressure difference and mounting kit bolts being loose are the main causes. Check all the big bolts that screw into your main casting. If the bolts are even a little loose, it can make an inch or 2 difference in a hurry way out on the end of the loader.