Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #1  

GATC35

Gold Member
Fayetteville, Georgia now should be GATC45
Tractor
New Holland TC-45D
This afternoon while pushing brush up into a pile I had a little accident with my 2003 TC-35D. A three inch tree limb came into the left side of engine compartment and did some minor damage. It pushed the two hydraulic lines that run to the hydraulic oil cooler up into the fan shroud. This of course distorted the shroud and caused several fan blades to break. It also broke the lower attachment off of the shroud that protects the muffler / exhaust system. After removing the limb I was able to pry the hydraulic lines down enough to get the tractor running and back to the barn. I was lucky because I have no radiator damage and loss no hydraulic fluid. The thing that is so odd the limb hit dead center of the bracket that supports the hydraulic lines and exhaust system shroud. The bracket was not attached to the frame at all. There is a hole in the bracket and a threaded hole in the frame but no bolt. At first I thought the bolt sheared off. After a closer look the paint on the bracket, and inside the threaded hole, was not scratched or worn. The complete area showed dirt, grease, mud, etc. with no sign a bolt had ever been installed. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif I would take some pictures but the kids are using the digital camera for a school project.

So could one of you nice TC-35/40/45D owners take a peek at this bracket and see if it is bolted to the frame ? When you open the hood the bracket is right under the lower radiator hose, and directly above the front axle.

I believe all I will need to be back up and running is the fan and exhaust system shroud. It could have been allot worse.

Thanks.....

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #2  
Mark, sorry to hear about your "little" accident. I've found that any damage to my tractor is not what I'd consider little. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I took a couple of pictures for you that I hope will help. Here is the first one.

Attachments

• 572451-MuffMount.JPG
    572451-MuffMount.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 319
   / Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #3  
Here is another from the top.

You may notice my tractor is the old gray paint. I suspect your tractor has the new black running gear.

Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 572463-MuffMount2.JPG
    572463-MuffMount2.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 243
   / Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners
Jinman,

Perfect.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thank You, that is exactly what I needed. Looks like the bolt that attaches the bracket to the frame was never installed like I thought. I called my local New Holland dealer today. He wants $66.00 for the fan, and $63.00 for the shroud. After looking closer the battery has spewed acid on the two lines and they are corroded. I spoke with my dealer about this since this is a well known problem on the Boomers. I'm trying to get him to replace the lines under warranty, and give me a price break on the fan and shroud. Since I do have some other small warranty issues I'm going to drop the tractor off to him Friday.

I might just come out of this without spending too much money. When this first happened I visualized a limb thru the radiator /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Thanks again...

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #5  
<font color="blue"> You may notice my tractor is the old gray paint. I suspect your tractor has the new black running gear.
</font>

Jim it may look black compared to the lighter gray that you have on your Boomer but it's actually New holland dark gray (spray can #B96104DS)

The only reason I know this is that we tried to purchase black paint from the NH dealer to touch up our chassis before they set us straight. It looks black to me also.

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim it may look black compared to the lighter gray that you have on your Boomer but it's actually New holland dark gray (spray can #B96104DS)
)</font>

Yep, PineRidge. New Holland is continuing the colorblind tradition of Ford in regard to naming colors. I'd bet if you asked 10 people what color it is, they'd say black. It's only important when you are standing in front of your dealer's parts counter that you use the "right" color name. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Are you familiar with that light creme color on the 8Ns, Jubilees, and later tractors with red running gears? Ford called that color "medium grey." If that's medium grey, what is light grey? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I think the Ford/New Holland person who names colors was confused as a child because of a bad box of crayons. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #7  
Jim

I think there is a real good chance he is just outright color blind!! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #8  
<font color="blue"> I think there is a real good chance he is just outright color blind!!
</font>

John went to one of those New Holland dealers and purchased black paint to touch-up the undercarriage of his TN70D. Unfortunately they didn't stop him like they did me. Now when I'm over at John's place and say that I spotted a TN in his drive, I'm not kidding. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Need help from TC-35/40/45 owners #9  
Ford and NH have any color gray you want. From Chassis Gray(White?) to Dark Gray (most folks call Black).