color?

/ color? #1  

ronnie2005

Bronze Member
Tractor
Ford 8N, MF TO20 & TO30, Branson 2810
1953 8N, what color is it supposed be. Mine is blue and silver, I have seen some others the same but more of the red and silver. Which is correct?

/ color? #2  
That model 8N had a red running gear and the hood and fenders were Ford Medium Grey which looks almost creme color. Many people paint them light grey, but Fords paint doesn't look grey at all to me. Here is a photo of my Ford Jubilee painted with Ford OEM Medium Grey paint. However, the red running gear is a marine enamel paint I bought from Sutherlands.

Attachments

• 573098-Scan329.jpg
    573098-Scan329.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 251
   / color?
Thanks, now I have another project.. Really nice, hope mine comes out that good.

/ color? #6  
Thanks everyone...

That photo was over 12 years ago. The Jubilee is not nearly as pretty now. I made it shiny, then worked it's hiney. It has paid for itself many times over. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It's now sitting, waiting on me to make up my mind whether to sell it, part it out, or fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif It's most major problem is a click-click-click coming from the transmission. That's what prompted me to park it. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ color?
Sometimes it 's really hard to part with our old toys, especially when we've had so much fun with them. It's doubly hard to find the time to fix them as they always seem to break when you need them the most. Then all they get is band aid till next time. It all kinda stacks up on you.

/ color? #8  
jinman,
That is one nice looking tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My Dad has my Grand paw's MF135 a 1964 Gas model and he is having the local High School AG Class repainting / restoring it right now. That picture reminded me of how it looked not too many years ago. You know here in East Tennessee many folks still use these little tractors for their small farms. Absolutely amazing how folks made a living off these tractors. Now a days that HP is considered a CUT!

I vote you keep it and restore it! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Of course that is using your money! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif