Auxiliary implements for TN series

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series #1  

Rowski

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader
On the front of my TN70DA there is a cast piece of steel/iron below the battery that has 4 holes in the front and 3 holes on each side that are threaded. In the owners manual it gives dimensions of the hole arrangements. It also mentions that its used to mount auxiliary implements. But doesn't give any specifics other than hole arrangements.

Is it for a 3pt hitch up front?

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series #2  
Derek if you take the loader off you can mount a real nice set of Longhorns there. NH part #6947336. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series #3  
Derek I know at least 2 holes on each side are for the brush guard. The others I imagined would be for front weight's?

But the longhorns ooooo would that be cool. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Pineridge has a set for his baby he is just to shy to show a picture with them on. I guess he is afraid the Texas guys will give him heck about it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series
I do have a brush guard on it. Not very impresive one, its the OEM type. So the brush guard holes are being use, there are still 10 holes threaded. They are 12mm, which is a good sized bolt and 10 of them. They have plugs in them at this time, came from the factory that way.

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series #5  
On farm tractors from the 20's on, you would not believe the many, many, many items bolted to those holes. Some good ideas, some not. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series
Attached is scanned page of the owners manual. This is the only page mentioning connecting implements and aux equipment.

Attachments

• 585026-TN70DA_front _3pt.jpg
    585026-TN70DA_front _3pt.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 156
   / Auxiliary implements for TN series #7  
I guess the point is, if you need something attached to the front or side of the tractor, these are the holes to use.

So, what implement do you need?

Mid-mount sickle mowers, front mount row crop cultivators, frame attached loaders, flail mowers, belly mowers, weight or rock boxes, front wheel rake, front fert or herbicide tank, weed wiper tube, front hitch, buzz saw, front snow blower, brakets or supports for all sorts of orchard & specialty equipment, crop lifter for driving next to corn rows, and on & on. Seen it all.

They are telling you these are the holes to use, if you need to bolt something to your tractor. The possibilities are endless.

--->Paul

/ Auxiliary implements for TN series #8  
heres what I mounted on those holes................

Attachments

• 585494-Picture 033RS.jpg
    585494-Picture 033RS.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 175
   / Auxiliary implements for TN series #9  
Derek, you have your location listed with your name as Jay Peak area in North Central Vermont and up top is an ad to Jay Peak ski area. I suspect the way the ads run up above the posts are by looking at various subject lines, in this case, your location. I checked your post to see if you were up to anything new. Adding some attachments to your plethora of holes perhaps. Let us know how you fill them.