Grading TC 33 with 6' box blade??

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #1  

DougU

Tractor
None yet!
TC 33 with 6\' box blade??

I have a TC33 and need to purchase a box blade. I would like to go with a 6' so it covers my tire tracks, but am concerned whether the 33 can handle it. THe next smaller size is 5'. Opinions?

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #2  
Re: TC 33 with 6\' box blade??

I have no first hand experience with a TC-33 with a 6 foot box blade, but that seems quite wide for that tractor. I have been shopping for a 6 foot box blade for my TC-35. As you stated a 6 ft. box blade will barely cover my tracks. I do finish work near houses and driveways so I wanted something wider. Bush Hog makes their SBX line in 6 inch increments. So I'm looking at a SBX-780, which is a six and a half footer. You may want to consider a five an a half footer. The Bush Hogs are a little more expensive, but are built better than some of the cheaper brands. http://www.bushhog.com/turftoc.html

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #3  

I have a 5 1/2 foot box blade on my TC33. They were real popular for the 8Ns. Its perfect for the TC33.
Sherpa

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #4  

I have a 60" on my DX33. It covers the tire tracks, but is a little narrower than the sidewalls. If I want to blade next to buildings, I pull the pins on the sway bar links, push the blade over a few inches and reinstall pins. Only takes a minute. The smallest blade that will fit makes the best use of engine torque.

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #5  

i have a tc30 (30HP) and i have no problem with a 6' box. Don't go to fast and it'll work great for you.

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #6  

There are also some companies out there that make a 66" box blade.

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #7  

Doug,

I have a TC33DA with the Titan Multi Trac turf tires and a 60" Woods box blade. I purchased the blade primarily for gravel driveway maintenance. I have yet to do any heavy dirt moving but have had the box full with gravel with no problems. The 60” BB is about ½” wider than the tires so it is difficult to work the edge of a road or cutting line.

I thought I was purchasing a 66" box blade but I was delivered a 60" blade. The price I got was good for a name brand hinged tailgate blade so I kept it. I would believe the 33 could handle the 66” BB. Not sure about the 72”. If I would do it again, I would definitely get the 66” BB.

…Derek

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #8  

I have a CaseIH DX33 (basically the same as a NH TC33D)with a 72" boxblade and it handles it just fine. Even with the scafiers down I find that it runs out of traction before it runs out of power.

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade??

Thanks for everyones replies! They are very helpful. I'm a little confused though, as to how the 66" blade would cover my tire tracks. My measurements should it would take at least 72". My TC33 has 17.5L-24 Industrial tires. Are those the standard tires? I bought the unit used this year, with 50 hours.

/ TC 33 with 6' box blade?? #10  

My TC29D which is suppose to be the same tire I thought or my book says so is 15-19.5. Looks to me like there has been a change or I sure would look further into it to make sure your fronts match up.

murph