TC33DA for 7 acres?

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #1  

orange1

Would this tractor be too much for 7 acres? Lots of hills - approx. 5 acres is mowed 2 acres is wooded. I would like to use the tractor for mowing, clearing brush, taking up stumps and landscaping. Also, is the backhoe for this tractor compatable with the belly mower?

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #2  
Backhoe is not compatible with MMM - requires removal of MMM mounting brackets.

TC33DA sounds about right for 7 acres. I run a TC18 on 4 acres, Dad has TC40DA on 30 acres. Is the 5 acres finish lawn or field/pasture?

Welcome to TBN...

/ TC33DA for 7 acres?
Thanks for the post Hazmat. The 5 acres is finish lawn, but it has many weeds. I will be looking to kill the weeds and overseed to get the lawn in better shape. I am leaning towards the R4s as I have many hills to navigate - I need the traction.

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #4  
I purchased a TC33DA with the 72" MMM last fall and I love the machine. Have done grading, mowing, snow clearing, trash removal, and driving around my 11 acres. I am mowing 1 1/2 acres of new grass & sod and another acre of field weeds/grass. It is doing very well on the new grass with some good slopes and hills. Some areas are too steep to traverse and other areas I won't even back up. Put it in low range and go on the hills. On the rolling parts I use mid or high range with ease. The weed/grass area I can only use mid range and have to slow down if I let it get to tall.

I have the Titan Multi Trac turf tires and they have done very well. I have not had traction problems in the grass or weeds but I have not cut while wet. My land is very soft and I was concerned about compaction and damage from the industrial tires. The only problem I have had with the turf tires is while backing up to push snow with the rear blade when the asphalt portion of the drive is icy.

Someone with more experience may be able to chime in but from discussions and my limited experience the 33 should also work well for your other tasks. I tend to work machinery hard to get the most out of it. So far I am very pleased.

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #5  
We use our tc33D on 3.5 acres at our home place, 72" MMM...........Gotta lot of grass & a long driveway.......we love ours................Tom

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #6  
I went in to the dealer absolutely convinced I wanted a TC33D for my 5 acres. I came out with a TC18, because the dealer listened to me and what I intended to do, and talked me out of the 33. However, my uses are somewhat different than yours -- I don't mow, and my FEL and/or box blade are in constant use. The convincer for me was that the 12LA loader on my machine has almost the same capactiy as the 7308 loader that used to come on the TC33. Now that the 14LA is available for the new TC33's, I might have made a different decision. I don't have a finish mower or a backhoe; I'm on of the odd ones on this board who doesn't think that a backhoe on a compact tractor is worth the trouble.

Bottom line, I don't think the 33 is too much for your property.

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #7  
<font color="blue"> I'm on of the odd ones on this board who doesn't think that a backhoe on a compact tractor is worth the trouble. </font>

OkeeDon, I don't have a backhoe either. I do have a friend with an appropriately equipped lil' bota' and a marker for about 80hrs of wiring his new shop... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

orange1, I have a 33D for my 6+ acres and don't believe I could use anything bigger. I have rented an excavator on two occasions after exposing a reasonable number of 18"+ stumps. The 33 does everything else I ask it.

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #8  
This tractor is NOT too much for 7 acres. I think you hit it just right. You will be very happy with it.

Mike

/ TC33DA for 7 acres? #9  
I don't think it's too big. I have a TC29D basically the same tractor just a little less ummmmpppphhhhh. Weight is about the same and I only have two acres. Now I got size too for moving my dock around and lifts etc etc. But it is not too big for finish mowing as long as I watch the wet times.

murph