Tractor
    Kubota L3130

Default Ford 3000 Diesel with hydraulic problem

My rebuilt Ford 3000 with new New Holland FEL (250 hrs now) started having hydraulic problems slowly - first it took running the motor a few minutes to get the bucket etc. up then longer and longer to the point that the hydraulics are amost nil. There is plenty of fluid - the filters are almost impossible to get to without heavy removal. I would like to have an idea of what the problem is before taking the tractor to a dealer.
    Any ideas I could try?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: Ford 3000 Diesel with hydraulic problem

More than likely the pump is losing its prime due to a worn shaft seal and perhaps worn shaft. A pump overhaul is in order. The suction screen can be backflushed with high volume low pressure air sent down the suction tube with the pump removed. When backflushing the screen, remove the hyd fill cap and drain the hydraulic oil immediately to remove the suspended contaminants.

Tractor
    Kubota L3130

Thanks RickB, I shall proceed with overhauling the pump and I am thankful for the backflush suggestion.

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Also.. check to make sure that you do not have a leak in a suction line. A small leak in a suction line will lead to loss of prime, and in turn prematurely wear out the pump.

Soundguy