TN70D Modifications

/ TN70D Modifications #1  

JASTN70D

Gold Member
Tractor
T4020 Deluxe
I have had some time and great help this winter to make some what I believe much needed modifications to the TN. The first is a combination project of adding a diverter valve to enable front mount hydraulic equipment use I.E in my case a grapple.

It required a mount of the valve and a re plumb so while I was at it I moved the FEL Quick Connects out from under the tractor to the side. I had a number of problems with the way NH mounted the QC. First the QC's were so close together you could not get your hands on them had to use a tool to push in the QC. Second It was a pain to lay under the tractor to connect/disconnect. Third I have had a number of instances where some rouge brush has disconnected the FEL for me. (Strange when things just quite working) So here is my solution

Pics to follow

Attachments

• 616268-1.jpg
    616268-1.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 503
   / TN70D Modifications
2nd Pic

Attachments

• 616278-2.jpg
    616278-2.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 397
   / TN70D Modifications
3Rd Pic

Attachments

• 616279-3.jpg
    616279-3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 331
   / TN70D Modifications
Next modification. Well having a Cab sure is nice until you need to hook up the 3 Point. In and out of the cab adjusting the links gets old fast. You can not just reach over the fender to control the hight and on a TN70 the links are quite heavy. It will be hard to see the detail here but I added an outside control for the 3 Point arms It along with telescoping links makes it quite simple to hook up all 3 point equipment. I wish you could see more detail but it is just to cluttered. This was fairly easy to accomplish and cost maybe 10 bucks and an hours time. The rod sticking out at you is the add on. its interconnected with the linkage to the inside 3 point control. When you move a lever inside or out the other moves also.

Attachments

• 616282-4.jpg
    616282-4.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 387
   / TN70D Modifications
This next modification is also based on the Cab being in the way of equipment hook up also. I have the top of the Top and Tilt system. And controlling the length on the hydraulic top link was quite a challenge from inside the cab. So I had to find a way to operate it from the outside. Here we just added a rod to the valve linkage. We used a plate for a bolt up. and welded the rod to it. It was fairly simple and cheap. Saves a lot of time on hook up also.

Attachments

• 616284-5.jpg
    616284-5.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 293
   / TN70D Modifications
Close up.

Attachments

• 616285-7.jpg
    616285-7.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 316
   / TN70D Modifications
And a call out for the 2 new levers added

Attachments

• 616286-6.jpg
    616286-6.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 311
   / TN70D Modifications #8  
Can you give some more details on the mod dealing with raising/lowering the 3pt from outside the seat/cab? I'm very interested in that one! What parts did you have to buy?

Good job on the mods!!!

/ TN70D Modifications
I will do my best. If you look at the picture closely you will see the rod attached to a stud. this is the pivot point. I added the stud to an existing threaded hole in the Cab mount post. It needed to stick out quite a bit so I did some bracing here. the rod you are looking at in the pic is the handle. What you do not see is the linkage rod I made up that will of course attach to the handle and on the other end attach to the existing linkage to control the 3 point. The existing linkage has a stud on it that was not being used it even had a c clip grove on it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif So I attached the horizontal rod to it. Pretty much it. You need a piece of rod and a stud (metric or tape out for English like I did) and that is it. I did some small welding but you could get by without it I made the stud longer for example I added a smooth rod to it but could have used a longer bolt. I welded the handle up to get the angle but could have bent it in a vise. If you have the stud on your linkage you got it licked. I don't know if it is unique to my model/year or not. Take a look and let me know. I was curious about why they put it on there. It sure seems they had this use in mind!

/ TN70D Modifications #10  
I was hoping it was not cab related, since I don't have one. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll take a closer look when I get back home to see what I might be able to do.