Hydro leak...TC24DA

/ Hydro leak...TC24DA #1  

TCBoomer

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland TC24DA
About a month ago, I posted a thread about splitting my new tractor to fix a hydro leak. I received the authorization and started the task. Here are a few shots...

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
another shot

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
split in half...

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
another view

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
and another shot

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
the source of the leak...

Last edited:
   / Hydro leak...TC24DA
According to the manual, the throw out brg hub is threaded. If this is true, then I need to find a 1 1/2" OR 1 1 9/16" crows foot or maybe there is a special tool from New Holland? It appears there is enough room to unthread and remove the hub, and then I can replace the input shaft seal, which is leaking. If this isn't possible, then I'll have to remove the charge pump housing to remove the hub.

Anyone know if I can remove the hub without removing the case?

/ Hydro leak...TC24DA #8  
Uuhhgghh! I feel nauseous - like I'm watching one of those surgery shows on the Discovery Channel.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Guts and gore.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You sure are brave! BTW, nice clean tractor. I'm sure that makes it easier to work on.

Mark

/ Hydro leak...TC24DA #9  
Egads! That's a lot of parts. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I was wondering just the other day how it was going with your machine. I'm glad you are on your way to getting it fixed. I hope you don't end up with any parts left over. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Hydro leak...TC24DA #10  
Talk about ACE Mechanic. Holy-Ring-Molly......I had my own (limited) visions what splitting a Tractor meant....but that's insane. How in the world are you going to get it together again......it's all in pieces. My hats off to you. That's one incredible task that you undertook. Don't think there are many on this forum besides maybe RickB that would attempt the sheer madness of it all !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif