Ford Jubilee - NAA

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #1  

djradz

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D
What can anyone tell me about a Ford Jubilee? I think they came out after the 8 and 9N and before the 600-900 series. A neighbor of mine used to have one but sold it before I could seriously consider its purchase. Anyone know the HP, years of production, and what features it had above the 8 & 9N's. Would one be worth about the same $2000-$3000 the 8's and 9's still seem to get?

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #2  
My in-laws have one. They came out in 1953 as a successor to the 8N and were designed to get around Ferguson's patents. I think in 1955 they renamed it the 600. Here's a really good link The Vintage Ford Tractor Resource. I have no clue about pricing.

My in-laws is pretty beat but my wife still likes it. I got her a Franklin Mint model of one for Christmas and she thinks the world of it /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

15-43440-790signaturegif.gif

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #3  
49237.jpg

Ford Golden Jubilee NAA, Mfr. 1953-54, 31 PTO HP, 2605 lbs., Last fact. price $1,830.

Golden Jubilee so named to celebrate Ford Motor Company's 50th anniversary...

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #4  
I think RobS pretty well covered it, the biggest change from the 8N was the 134c.i. Red Tiger engine. Around here, if the tractor is in fair condition, running and with good sheet metal. It will bring about $4000.00

Ernie

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #5  
There's been one down the road with a loader for about 1 year trying to sell for $2800.

Maybe a collector's item now... you can buy newer and more capable units for the same price now... A couple years ago, that was a different story.

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #6  
Now how would the NRA say this?

***I'll give up my Jubilee when they pry it from my cold, dead hand!***

I really love this little workhorse tractor even when I have that TC45D for the big jobs. It's running my Chipper-shredder in the photo below and I use it for my mower also.

35-45569-Take-A-Break.JPG

JimI

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #7  
Jim, I remember your family picture from before. Sure is a nice looking bunch of tractors. I wish my in-laws' Jubilee looked half that nice. It's been "rode hard and put away wet" too many times.

It would seem you are in a unique position to compare/contrast the older iron versus the new. Care to share your viewpoints on the Jubilee vs. NH with us? I'd be interested to know how they stack up in power, traction, ergonomics etc. Subjective commentary is just fine /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #8  
Rob, I'll try to answer your questions fully in a later post (this evening) but to add more "fuel to the fire," here is a collage of my restoration as an attachment./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I don't think I ever spent money better than on my Jubilee when I bought it 10 years ago for $2,200. What a workhorse it has been. Specifics later...

JimI

Attachments

• 14-55871-54Jubilee.jpg
    14-55871-54Jubilee.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 574
   / Ford Jubilee - NAA #9  
Jim...

Go ahead, grab a 2X4 and whack me good along side the head...

You did a beautiful job on your NAA.../w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

After wrestling with my deluxe "trip-bucket" loader on my Massey 135 the past few years {actually it was a joy until I got my JD and then I had a different reference?}, I guess I've become complacent on the older units.

I really apologize about my antique remark on the NAA, I feel bad, seeing all the work and sweat you've put into yours.

I'm getting ready to sell one of my ole girls, the MF135 and my 165 is gonna be next... My JD has taken over the show... so to speak. I certainly got an awful lot of hard work done with them "older units", but to tell you the truth, they weren't "older" until I bought the Deere. I had no reference, until I had some "luxury" new units to compare with...

So Jim, again I'm sorry for making that uncalled for comment on the NAA... I know better... /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Ford Jubilee - NAA #10  
Wow Jim, that's impressive. I'm going to show your work to my wife tonight. Maybe she'll be inspired to take-over and restore her late father's Jubilee. Bonus for me would be not having to share a tractor/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Looking forward to hearing more about your tractors /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif