Problems taking off loader for the first time !

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #1  

KenPauling

Silver Member
Tractor
Now Holland TN 65D with Cab
I took off my 32c loader off my TN65D for the first time today and I had problems. When I took off the bolts holding the loader on my tractor, I was supposed to roll the bucket, which I did and it did not come off. Next I lifted up on the bucket so I could put some weight of the bucket on the brackets so they would lift off. What happened next was completely weird and unexpected! The left bracket unattached but the right one stayed on. Next, the bucket and arms moved a couple of feet to the right !! The arms of the loader almost went into the hood and side of the tractor! Yes, I had the stands for the loader set right. After some tugging and gentle rocking the loader came off. Now I am wondering how will I get the loader back on ?? It seems the main Hyd. cylinders are not even ! The one on the left side of the tractor is out about 8 inches and the right one is out only 2 or 3 inches !! Why did it do that and how can I get them even again so I can put the loader back on? HELP ! This one has me stumped! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #2  
Ken, since your cylinders are in parallel, all you have to do is push in on the side that's out 8" and the other side will come out as you push in. The reason one cylinder extended more is that it has less friction than the other side. If you had extended it all the way out until it stopped, then the other side would begin to move. I just hope you don't have to push very hard to get the cylinders to equalize. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time !
Hi Jinman ! Thanks for your advice. It worked! I pushed on one cylinder and they equalized. I'm sure lots of people(including me) really appreciate your advice and knowledge of tractors and equipment.
After adjusting the loader and putting it away, I put on my 3 bottom plow and plowed 2 fields. What a difference with my new tractor. My old 1920 was handy but this TN65D is about 3 times the tractor. Plowing up a field is so much easier with the bigger tractor. The only problem is that the bigger category 2 attachments are very pricey. Its a good thing I don't have to make a living at farming. In my part of the country, farming is just an expensive hobby or a second job. Tractor dealers are few and far between. Thank goodness for Tractorbynet ! It brings a lot of people together to help one another. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #4  
Every once-in-awhile I get lucky. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's nice when a "plan" comes together. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I hope you have a lot less hassle getting your loader back on. Once you do it a few times and begin to understand the geometry and how to make adjustments with the hydraulics, it becomes 2nd nature.

I sure envy you the power of that TN65. Unfortunately, my TC45 is about as big as I can get and still make it around under my trees. That still doesn't stop me from looking at the TNs and lusting after one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I sure envy you the power of that TN65. Unfortunately, my TC45 is about as big as I can get and still make it around under my trees. That still doesn't stop me from looking at the TNs and lusting after one.)</font>

Oh, man, am I in the same boat. Of our 50 acres, 15 are field, another 5-10 is rolling creek bottom, and the balance is heavily wooded hills. With all the trees and obstacles, I love the size of my TC40, and the maneuverability of the hydrostat, but I long for the cab of a Kubota L30 and the simple design of the TN. However, I love my NH dealer too much to trade brands.

If I could only find the "perfect" tractor for my ground. I wonder if NH is listening to my constant requests for a 50+hp, hydrostat, cab tractor? Probably not, but one can dream, right? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Later,
Jay

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #6  
Every new Ohio winter that comes along makes me wish that I had a cab on our TC-40D to keep warm for the winter chores.

But when the warm weather rolls around I'm also glad that I'm out in the open and not confined to a cab.

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #7  
When my dealer put the loader on my TN65 he warned me of that very thing. He said the initial fit was so tight that it might cause problems the first few times it was removed. His fix was, "use it *hard* before you take it off the first time". /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having the tractor on a level surface helps too.

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time !
Hi Ralph ! Thanks for the info on the tight fit loader. I wish my dealer would have told me this info. When he delivered it, I was at work and he just dropped it off and gave me no orientation or information. I am still finding out how to use things on my tractor. One control that has me stumped is the one on the right side all the way back past the draft controls that work the 3 point hitch. It has a symbol of hyd. cylinders in two different positions. I can't find it in the operators manual. What is it? Its the last handle on the right side all the way back past the seat. Any info will help. Thanks to all ! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #9  
Ken, I don't know for sure about your tractor, but those hydraulic cylinder symbols on my tractor are on the control handles for the hydraulic remote valves. The handle should be spring-loaded to center. If you put the handle into either forward or rear position, you should hear the engine load up because you have nothing attached to the remote quick connects. When you release the handle from either position, it automatically returns to center.

Check the operator's manual for remote valve operation? Surely the manual should describe the operation of the remote valves. On my tractor, the black handle for the remote valve has the word "REMOTE" molded into the top.

/ Problems taking off loader for the first time ! #10  
My TN65 does not have a cab (D model, right?) so I can't say for sure, but it sounds like a cotrol lever for a remote cylinder. You should see a cable running from the lever down and out, to a valve in the back.
The only other "control" that might be in that area would be the lift height adjustment for the 3PH, but it would be on the outside, just above the lift on the right side.
Here's an old picture of my TN65 (when it was only hours old /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) without the loader. The rear valve control is the lever with the green knob on the right fender.