Mowing Ford 1220 Belly mower?

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #1  

JasonFORD1220

Hey all,

I just registered today, but I own a Ford 1220 4wd tractor. It is a 3cy. Diesel.

I have a 5 ft finish mower and a 5 ft blade that came with it.

I am mowing 3 1/2 - 4 acres of uneven ruff ground. I just bought the land a year ago and have not whipped it into great shape yet.

I am in need of a belly mower for my tractor and can not seem to find any information on which model will work.

Will a Ford 916 deck work? I am looking for a 60" cut mower. Also, can the woods decks work with my tractor?

If anyone has a deck for this or turf tires also. I am trying to locate both.

Thanks for the help,

Jason

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #2  
I suggest you contact your local NH dealer - the "current" belly mower is the 914A, but I suspect there was a 914 and I think I've seen 916 as well. The same base mower fits many tractors with different attachment brackets. Your dealer ought to be able to tell you exactly what will fit.

Once you have it narrowed down, keep an eye on ebay. I've seen a couple used decks there. Also the tbn classified section might have something.

Good luck

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #3  
I have a Ford 1220 also with a 914 60 inch belly mower deck. Sounds like you need the same thing. I' m looking for the PN for the belly mower drive belt for the 914. Anybody have the PN?

Thanks

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #4  
The 914, 914A, 916, 916A or the correct Woods, Rhino or Landpride model will fit. You just have to get the correct mounts for your 1220 whatever the unit.
The 914 was made by Shibaura, which made the tractor. It is driveshaft powered from the mid PTO, but parts can be expensive. The 914A and 916's were made by Auburn in USA. They make several different tractor manufacturer mowers and parts aren't as expensive.
The rear finish mower that hooks to the 3pt is less expensive and easier to remove and service while it mows as nice as a belly-mount. Of course it is trickier to manuver and doesn't handle like a rider.

86518904 is the belt number for the 914, (not 914A). As hazmat said, check with your local NH dealer or you can look online at the New Holland Partstore or Messick's online. Make sure you also have the 7 or 9 digit model number found on the serial number plate to get the right part.

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #5  
8 year old thread, with just one post from the OP....must have gotten his answer :laughing:

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #6  
Oh well, that's what happens when you look at these after a late night with not much sleep:confused2:. No harm, no foul! But TJ has a belt number.:laughing:

/ Ford 1220 Belly mower? #7  
8 year old thread, with just one post from the OP....must have gotten his answer :laughing:

That's OK. I still learned something as I have a 914A for my TC25. I now know its made by Auburn and parts are available. I'm hoping I can buy parts direct from Auburn and save a little, my deck needs some serious TLC. I got it with the tractor last fall and never used it. It was mounted on the tractor when I got it and I tried it once for a minute or two but I knew just from that minute that it needs a rebuild. Good thing I didn't pay much for the tractor, the mower is not worth much in its present condition. I need to go over it and figure out all that it needs and price it out to see if its worth refurbishing. I have a rear finish mower that I use now but the belly mower would be nice getting in around trees and up close to the house. The RFM works great out in the field and is in excellent condition.