Tractor
    Kubota 3430 4WD

Default Replacing hydralic filter

I am doing the 50 hr. servvice on my TN75. The hydralic oil filter is located in a very awkward position because of a FEL mounting bracket. There is no more than about 1/4" clearance between the bracket and the filter. The filter is a big sucker and a standard oil filter wrench won't fit it. I'm thinking I'll have to use a strap wrench to get it off. Has anyone experienced this dilemma, and what was your solution?

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Default Re: Replacing hydralic filter

A strap wrench will work there, but if it is a cabbed unit, the strap wrench is useless for the fuel filter. Most auto parts stores and main line tool trucks sell oil filter pliers made by K-D and marketed under various names. The largest size available works well for all TN fluid filters including the PowerShuttle filter canister. You will find the factory has the filters MEGA tight, you can use a little moderation installing the fresh ones. Watch the engine oil cooler doesn't come loose as you attempt to take the engine oil filter off.

Tractor
    NH TN75

Default Re: Replacing hydralic filter

Rick gave me the same GREAT advice.

It's the oil filter that will give you the hardest time. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]