rumble under hood - air filter cover

/ rumble under hood - air filter cover #1  

marty

Bronze Member
Tractor
Boomer 33D
Has anyone had the air filter cover wear itself free on the TC's? On my 33D, with 660 hours, I heard a muffle sound and rumble under the hood and hear the air filter canisters cover had worked itself free. The little knobs had just pulled their self through the holders.

I could not sense any excess vibration so I was just going to use two hasp to secure it on. does any one have a better idea?

Has anyone found a battery that will not leak up in the front?

/ rumble under hood - air filter cover #2  
Marty I found out a long time ago that the air filter cover can go together wrong and in some cases even prevent the hood from closing.

Once I was sure that I had it back together correctly I put a piece of yellow marker tape on both half's so realignment in the future would be a snap. Never heard of the spring clamps pulling through the plastic though.

I recommend an Optima battery to end your battery woes. We replaced ours at 50 hours when we found acid damage on the front of our TC-40D.

We are now at about 455 hours with no further damage from the new Optima replacement and I have been keeping an eye on things.

/ rumble under hood - air filter cover #3  
When I had my 33d, one of the little tabs that holds the air filter cap on broke. My new 33da has metal clips to hold the cap on. Think I used a bungy cord to hold the cap on and it worked fine. Mine broke around 200 hrs and the bungy lasted past 700 hrs when I traded.
As far as the battery, when I first got it, I filled the water in it up to where I would normally fill a battery. In a couple of weeks I had leakage and the normal battery mess around the battery. I then took some water out of the battery and left just enough to barely cover the plates. No more problems.
Now you've got to wait for the steering wheel to become non-tilting ........ /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif