bucket hooks

/ bucket hooks #1  

tc33brad

Bronze Member
Tractor
2003 TC33D
Hi !! I really need some assistance on what is the bestest way to put bucket hooks on a NH 7308 HD bucket. It would be really easy except for the top rolled edge which would appear to make it necessary to make a raised platform to bring the hookup even with the rolled edge. I guess that brings me to the next question which is should the hook be equal in height to the rolled edge or below it somewhat ?? I thought I had read something on this once but I had no luck in searching for the info.

/ bucket hooks #2  
tc33Brad; Bucket hooks? We got plenty of bucket hooks. I welded on a grabhook in the center, and bolted on jeep recovery hooks on the ends. I'll post the best photo to give you an idea. Sounds like you have the bucket on my 16LA. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guess it's a little hard to see, but maybe it'll help you out. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 642810-Pic082.JPG
    642810-Pic082.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 441
   / bucket hooks #3  
I'm not a believer in bucket hooks welded in the middle as I have seen too much damage done to buckets at their weakest point. However you can see from our picture how we added two hooks on a reinforced portion of the bucket.

Attachments

• 642930-tc18.jpg
    642930-tc18.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 391
   / bucket hooks #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've been wondering the same thing. I've got a tc29 w/ the 7308 rolled edge. Came across these by big dave in the photos section.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/965/sort/1/cat/500/page/1
Maybe he can give us a closer view.
)</font>

I thought that mower was supposed to mount under the middle of the tractor! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ bucket hooks
I appreciate the all the suggestions given thus far. The hooks on big daves bucket being on the corners would they cause undue stress because they are so far apart whereas others have theirs mounted closer to the lift arms ??

/ bucket hooks #7  
My dealer;

1. Reinforced the upper lip of the bucket by welding a plate the entire width of the bucket on the back of the bucket, underneath the lip.
2. Welded grab hooks on the upper lip directly in front of the loader arms.
3. Welded a slip hook in the center of the bucket.

Thus far, my primary use of these hooks has been to pull fence posts out of the ground.

1. Wrap the chain around the post.
2. Take one end of the chain, lead it through the slip hook and secure in the grab hook
3. Take the other end of the chain, lead it through the slip hook and secure in the other grab hook.
4. Lift the FEL to tighten the chain.
5. Curl the bucket to pull the post out of the ground.

/ bucket hooks
Thanks Mike !! Sounds like it would make for a real strong bucket. I don't have a need right now for pulling fence post but I would like to be able to pick up railroad ties etc. and not hurt the bucket.

/ bucket hooks #9  
<font color="blue"> I would like to be able to pick up railroad ties etc. </font>

Sounds like a good reason to start a bucket grapple project to me.

/ bucket hooks #10  
<font color="blue"> be able to pick up railroad ties etc. </font>
Do you really mean 'pick them up' or just transport them?