Using a grapple from a skidsteer ?

/ Using a grapple from a skidsteer ? #1  

nh621

I just bought my TC40DA and I have one rear remote which I can run to the front usng seperate lines that plug into the remote on back. I also put the connectors on the front so that I could run my brother in law's grapple if I wanted to. My question is will I be asking for trouble by hooking on to it being that it could have a different type of hydraulic oil in it (from the Bobcat system). I just don't want to damage the Grapple or the Bobcat or my TC40. Any ideas?

/ Using a grapple from a skidsteer ? #2  
Hydraulic oil is hydraulic oil. It wont be a problem.

/ Using a grapple from a skidsteer ? #3  
As MikePA said, the hydraulic oil will not be a problem. The slight amount of oil in the grapple cylinders won't make any difference, even if it's not the same oil. You could flush the cylinder(s), but that's probably far more trouble than it's worth.

What you will notice about the Bobcat attachment is that it's longer than the NH bucket. Make sure you have plenty of counterweight on the 3PH. I have a boxblade and 300 lb of ballast and still need to add another 300 lb to feel really comfortable with my grapple. However, my rear tires aren't loaded and I think I'll do that this summer.

If you can, take some pictures so we can see how the grapple works. This is a hot topic right now with lots of people building/buying grapples. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Using a grapple from a skidsteer ? #4  
As Mike and Jim have already said, I think you will be fine also.

/ Using a grapple from a skidsteer ?
thanks for the info and I already have loaded tires so I might be ok with the weight. as for the pics I can try but I am new to the digital camera that I have and have never put any pics onto the computer before. Thanks again.