cruise control not working

/ cruise control not working #1  

marty

Bronze Member
Tractor
Boomer 33D
On my TC33D, my cruise control light comes on and the button sticks down but it does not hold the speed. Have any of your experianced this?

/ cruise control not working #3  
I don't know if yours is the same problem but on mine it was the brake switch that disengages the cruise. It was set to close and it would disengage the cruise. It's a simple fix all it takes is a small adjustment.

/ cruise control not working #4  
Marty, if your TC33D works the same as my TC45D, you can engage the cruise control magnet without the tractor running. That makes troubleshooting much easier.

To perform the test, do the following:

1. Make sure the tractor is on a flat surface or will not move if the brake is released.
2. Release the brake/parking brake.
3. Turn the key to ON, but don't start the engine.
4. Press the treadle all the way forward.
5. Engage the cruise, listen for the magnet to energize.
6. Release the treadle, it should hold firmly and not move.
7. If the treadle holds, reach over and press on the brake. The treadle should return to neutral and the cruise light should go off.
8. If the treadle does not hold, but the cruise light stays on, you probably have a loose wire to the the magnet or the magnet is out of adjustment.

I don't think your problem is a misadjusted brake switch because you said the light was indicating cruise, but cruise was not holding. I think your problem is a misadjusted magnet, a loose connection, or a bad magnet. I suppose it could be a bad relay, but normally the light indications rely on the relays working, so that is probably not the case. Have you checked all your fuses? Sometimes the fuse for power to the magnet is different from the fuse for power to the light indication.

That's about all I can think to check off the top of my head. Good luck finding the problem.