Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro.

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #1  

lower30

Having a difficult time engaging the gears/throw lever to put the Hydro trans in gear. I have to engagae the clutch, play with the hydro pedal before the lever will even think about moving. Any idears?

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #2  
First I would make sure your linkage all the way down is greased good. As far as tredding the hydro pedal that is common with my TC29D. Especially if you were on a hill and have your foot on the brake it will come out of gear to neutral but can't get into another gear. If it is doing it constantly I would give your dealer a call and see if he can give you some hints. If still under warranty I would definantly call your dealer.

murph

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #3  
Very common to have to rock the pedal to get these machines to change gears. There isn't a synchro on them, sometimes you need to get things aligned... keeping your foot off the brake will sometimes help.

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Having a difficult time engaging the gears/throw lever to put the Hydro trans in gear. I have to engagae the clutch, play with the hydro pedal before the lever will even think about moving. Any idears? )</font>

I had the problem on delivery on my TC35DA. There is a very quick and simple neutral adjustment that involves turning a hex-head eccentric adjuster midway between creeping forward and creeping in reverse. I did the adjustment and the gear range and fwd controls are now like butter, without touching the pedals. I can't tell you if your 33 is exactly the same, but I'm sure there is an adjustment, and the dealer should take care of it for you if you don't have the repair manual, or don't want to fool with it.

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
I had the problem on delivery on my TC35DA. There is a very quick and simple neutral adjustment that involves turning a hex-head eccentric adjuster midway between creeping forward and creeping in reverse. I did the adjustment and the gear range and fwd controls are now like butter, without touching the pedals. I can't tell you if your 33 is exactly the same, but I'm sure there is an adjustment, and the dealer should take care of it for you if you don't have the repair manual, or don't want to fool with it.
)</font>

I was told me 29 has that same adjustment so I would assume the 33 does to. My 29 did do some creeping when I would take my foot off the pedal but it was due to a linkage that needed greasing. Once I greased it good and worked it some it quit creeping and I guess it would go in gear better also. Just didn't notice the gear thing at the time.

murph

/ Tough to engage gears. TC 33 hydro. #6  
My TC33D is the same way. It's not that the lever binds anywhere; it's just that the gears don't want to mesh. My solution is to make sure the tractor is at a dead stop, and then slide it in gear without using the clutch. It should glide right in without any resistance at all. This works 98% of the time. Once and a while I have to play with the hydro. pedal a tiny bit to get it to slide in gear. As long as the tractor is not moving at all, there is very little load on the hydro. tranny and it's my opinion that this isn't hard on the transmission in any way at all. Make sure your foot is firmly on the brakes so the tractor doesn't roll while in neutral.

My tractor doesn't creep at all. I don't think the original post mentioned that either.