ford 5000

/ ford 5000 #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Anyone got one?

How do you feel about it?

What do you use it for?

Still got the tach drive/genny.. and working?

thanks

Soundguy

/ ford 5000 #2  
Are you looking to buy again so soon /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The 5000 has a great reputation around here with a lot of them still in service on dairy farms. When one does come up for sale it does not sit long either in a persons yard or on a dealerships lot. The fact these tractors move so quickly speaks quite loudly for how nice they are.

Most of the 5000's I see around here are chore tractors. Either hooked to a feed wagon, brush chopper or a loader. On some small farms it is the main tractor still and I just recently saw two of them working up some ground on the other side of the hill from me.

Is the 7610s needing a friend or are you thinking of getting that other chopper and putting the little lady to work along side you /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ ford 5000
Havn't decided.. but if I do see a 5000 up for sale.. I'm going to look at it. Could very well stick another implement on it and leave it.. perhaps swap the 10' mower over to the 5000, as a 10' mowe ron my 7610s is overkill... and then get a big disc..for the 7610s etc.

My day job wants me to get a big disc, and then rent me and my tractor to do disc work on our land clearing jobs. I'd prefer to use the newer tractor with rops, etc, and more hp so I can get a bigger disc.. etc.

Usually at auctions, big discs go way cheap. Day job will pay for maint/repairs on the tractor and disc if I'm working for them.. sounds like a good way to earn some extra cash. I've not made any decisions yet.. but am keeping my eyes open.

Besides.. I've wanted a 5000 for a while.. and was originally going to get one instead of this 7610s.. and as stated.. a 5000 is plenty big for a 10' mower.. etc.

Soundguy