NH TC29D tach & hour meter quit when hot

/ NH TC29D tach & hour meter quit when hot #1  

jelmore

Tractor
NH TN75DA, Kubota L5740
Hello, new user here with a question. My tc29d tach and hour meter quits working after about 30 minutes when mowing. I can shut down and wait 5 minutes and restart and it will work for about 30-45 seconds and quits again. Seems as something in the cluster gets hot. I have removed the cluster and taken it apart to look for any problems and found none. Any one have a diagram on the cluster operation, what componets are common with the tach and hour meter. I'm a retired electronics tech so component replacing no problem. I would like to repair it instead of replacing it. My local dealer quoted $358 for a replacement. Thanks for any reply and sorry for the long post.
Thanks, John

/ NH TC29D tach & hour meter quit when hot #2  
...the tach on my TC35D quits occasionnaly in the cold !!!!

I think it may be a slight crack in the board. Not really that big of a deal though. I can usually get it to work again with a restart.

Works fine all through the warm months !! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ NH TC29D tach & hour meter quit when hot #3  
jelmore, When I first got my TC40D, my tach wasn't working at all. The only problem was the connection at the alternator was loose. Maybe you have a thermal connection break. Try cleaning the connection up and closing the connector clip up a bit for a tighter fit. Those kind of intermittent problems are the hardest to trouble shoot. Good luck!
stonefox

/ NH TC29D tach & hour meter quit when hot
Thanks, I will try that.