It's been a while since i've posted...

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #1  

KrisHansen

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC33d
It\'s been a while since i\'ve posted...

Hey all.. Just jonseing for a tractor fix.. My 33d is at the dealer, getting a seal fixed under warranty.. It's one of the seals on the HST pump unit.. it was leaking from the forward weep hole all winter.. finally got them over to have a look, they took it to the shop...

Anyone running AG tires on a 33d? Are they really skinny? I've had it with the industrial tires, they are all but useless in mud, and snow ... the only nice thing about them is they are wide, and hold a LOT of ballast fill...

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #2  
Re: It\'s been a while since i\'ve posted...

Hey Kris I wondered why I haden't seen you around in a bit. Sorry to hear about your leaking seal but at least your dealer is taking care of your problem for you.

I kinda like the R4s on our 40D. They seem to be pretty tolerant of the yard but they do get kinda worthless in the mud. But hey everything has a trade off I reckon.

Good to see you back at TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #3  

I have a 33DA with loaded AG tires here in central VA. We had lots of mud (that fun southern red clay ooze!), snow and ice over the winter, and the tires were great for us. I don't do any serious paved road travel but on hard dry clay and gravel they still ride pretty well. In 4-wheel drive that tractor is awesome! I've only used the differential lock once in the 5 months I had the tractor (just getting ready to do the 50 hour maintenence) so that's how good the traction has been, with a blade, a boxblade, landscape rake or bushhog - all good.
Hope this helps,
Chris /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #4  

You might look into R1-Wides... They'd fit on your R4 wheels with AG treads... I dunno about pricing, but I'm guessing they'd be cheaper than new ags and new wheels...

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #5  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I've had it with the industrial tires, they are all but useless in mud, and snow ... the only nice thing about them is they are wide, and hold a LOT of ballast fill... )</font>

Hi Kris. Welcome back!

I'm just wondering if filling the wide industrial tires help at all in mud and snow. I know it helps on firm ground, but the weight seems to hurt more than it helps in mud holes. Maybe it's my imagination. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #6  

Kris,

I know I don't have to tell you this but the industrial are an in between the turf's and ag's. No they don't do well in really any application but are more all around. For the lawn turfs are the best and you sure don't want ags. Mud and snow the ag is the best. Maybe buying a set of chains for them industrials would do you good. I am seriously thinking of getting a set for myself.

murph

/ It's been a while since i've posted...

Hey guys, thanks for the advise?

I do have some mean chains, but even those filled up with mud.. this was lovely gray Vermont clay mud, the only thing that would go through it was my ATV... I think the weight of the machine is the problem, and the lack of ability for the tires to self clean..

I sure do miss my tractor though.. I've cut some trees down, and I want to move them.. :)

I'm hoping to frequent the forums more, I miss this place! You guys are great!

/ It's been a while since i've posted... #8  

Not sure if you have any room there, but on my fathers skidder he loved the spike chains for winter, but the ring chains were the way to go in the mud. Problem was is they are a pita to change. The rings slid too much in winter so he just used the spiked ones.

Wanna trade tractors? I am sure my TC24 is a bit lighter! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ It's been a while since i've posted...

I've got the spike chains.. they are great most of the time, even in mud.. I guess I was just asking too much of my tractor...

Heard from the dealer today, they are replacing the relief valve in the HST unit.. :)

I miss my tractor..