Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD4720, Farmall H

Default TN 75D steeing squeaking

I think I saw something on this issue a while back, but cant find the post. My steering makes a squeaking noise that goes away if you adjust the teliscopic position, but comes right back. The noise is driving me crazy! Anyone know what to do?

Thanks Mike

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    NH TN75DA

Default Re: TN 75D steeing squeaking

I've noticed the same thing on mine.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Something similar to a rubber band is used to hold the column trim panels together under the upper steering wheel shaft cover. Extend the wheel fully upwards. Take the screws out of the upper half of the lower column cover and remove it and cut the band off. Replace the lower column cover and no more squeak.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD4720, Farmall H

Thanks for the cure! It will make this years hay making so much more peacefull.

Mike

Tractor
    2004 New Holland TN70DA with 32LC loader, 2000 New Holland 2120 with Curtis cab, 7309 loader

When I had my TN in for warranty work the squeak was one complaint. They replaced my entire steering column, at least that's what they said. But the annoying squeak is gone!!

I like RickB solution much better.

I also had a squeaking noise from the clutch pedal pivot. The took it appart and greased it. Squeak gone.