Another light question.

/ Another light question. #1  

WHMOBX

Tractor
1954 Ford NAA, 2004 New Holland TC 45 DA
I know that there are many posts on adding lights, but I couldn't find the answer I was looking for when I searched. I purchased a stock switch to go next to my hazards switch and am adding just one single rear light that I also purchased from my dealer. Is there a preferred place to get the power from? I haven't even pulled the cover off yet, but is there an auxillary power source there? Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill.
2004 TC45DA

/ Another light question. #2  
(I don't know the answer).
You can check to see where the other work lights (the bright ones) are getting their power. I am watching your post for someone with knowledge to answer. How much was the switch that fits in the dash blank? I got the lights I want for the back, know where I'm going to mount them up, just need the factory fit switch.

/ Another light question.
The switch that I got is the same as the "work lights" switch, part # 86405023, and it was $9.09.

/ Another light question. #4  
I haven't checked out any other lighting posts but it seems like to me that you ought to connect the work light to the battery being sure you have a fuse on the wire. I would think that connecting it anywhere else, such as a headlight circuit would limit you to having the ignition switch on or the engine running.

I'm just thinking about the time you'll be going out to your tractor and you forget your keys. It's totally dark out there and all you need is a little light. Then you remember all you got to do is just turn on the work light. Bad thing is, you better remember to turn it off or you'll be jump starting the tractor the next morning.

It would be nice if there were some bright LEDs on the switches that would indicate they are on.

Another thought, my tc55 has a lighting harness for a trailer on the rear. If your's is similar, then turning on the headlights should send power to the lighting harness, at least for the tail lamps. Don't know if running worklights off this circuit would blow a fuse though.

I see from your profile you are an engineer of some sort. Do you have a DVM to check the current draw on the light?