wont start

/ wont start #1  

tc24guy

Bronze Member
Tractor
TC24DA New Holland
ok I was pushing dirt around in the yard and jumped off of the tc24 after I put it in neutral and locked the brake and the engine shut off as usual, because the neutral safety switch is so ****. anyways I go to jump back on and start it up and now it wont start! the lights come on and the parking brake light is lit but it wont turn over.

I'm thinking its the n-safety switch or the starter. it only has 120hours on it.

Any ideas?
Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

/ wont start #2  
I'm sure you've done this, but here is what I've run into with my 24. A lot of times when I'm getting off, I'll bump one of the PTO levers or the range select, won't engage any of them completely just enough so they aren't hitting the safety switch anymore. Biggest one that I usually do is the range selection, make sure it isn't just a least little bit toward the high side. Bob Skurka and I have had a couple conversations about our experiences hanging different parts of our body from the range selector. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ wont start
I have even reached my arm through the slot and manually moved the neutral switch but no luck there /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif . however I will try the PTO switches, since I was not aware of them /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

/ wont start
silly me it was the mid pto lever was about 1/4" forward. I never use the mid pto so i guess i overelooked it /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

thanks JWS

i meant to say was not aware of pto safety switches

/ wont start #5  
I wish I could say that is was from knowledge and not by experience. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You live and learn - well at least you are supposed. I still manage to have my tractor not start every now and then and it'll take me a little before I think to check the levers. Glad it worked out for ya and there was not a problem with your trusty <font color="blue"> blue </font> friend. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ wont start #6  
Jim,
Experience=Knowledge.........if you apply it. Don't ask me how I know /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ wont start #7  
Hey, is that you on that bike?

Another common scenario is a PTO control that needs pushed/held to the off position to allow the tractor to start. A little microswitch that needs adjusted to sense properly....

Curt in southern Summit County, Ohio...