3-Point Hitch Three point hitch question

/ Three point hitch question #1  

bobhall

I recently bought a box scraper for my TC30, this is the first three point attachment to be used on this tractor which has ten hours on it.

My question is, when lowering or raising, it is not smooth motion but kind of jerky, is this normal?, and it is difficult to get a precise stopping point when using it.

/ Three point hitch question #2  
bobhall; Welcome to TBN! Some jerkyness maybe normal. It's sort of hard to tell via computer. But heres a suggestion. On the boomers, in front of and below the seat. There should be a round valve handwheel. You can adjust the rate of lowering of the TPH with this. Just turn the valve open and closed until you get the jerkyness out. My first TC was terrible until I adjusted it. Your owners manual, sufficiently vague ofcourse, describes this adjustment. Ya just gotta play with it until your happy. Your dealer should be able to help you out. Try adjusting it yourself and let us know if your sucessful. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Three point hitch question #3  
Is your control tight to move up and down. Mine was very jerky at first and then I followed the linkage down to where it went into the tractor and there was a place I could loosen up the linkage. This solved my problem. Now this was on a TC29D and not sure if the TC30 is the same but the control has to slide easy.

murph