Problem with PTO and starting tractor

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor #1  

RexT

Tractor
TC33DA w/ supersteer and 160 JD Lawn tractor
Problem with PTO and starting tractor

When out today to start my new TC33DA and the PTO indicator light came on and the tractor will not start no matter how many times I disengage both PTOs. I mowed two pastures with it Thursday and everything ran fine but can't seem to have any lucky today. Tried the dealer but he was closed. I checked the linkage and everything seems to work fine I wonder if somehow I broke or diswcontected the wiring that indicates the PTO is out of gear. Any help would be appreciated.

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor #2  
Re: Problem with PTO and starting tractor

On newer NH tractors, not only do the PTOs have to be disengaged, the gear selector must also be in Neutral. Is it possible that you have the tractor in gear? Or the HST selector set to H, M or L range?

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor #3  

If the PTO indicator is on, the tractor thinks the lever is engaged and it won't start. Look for a switch out of adjustment or possibly unplugged.

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor #4  

look for a wire off underneath the tractor. They are not protected well at all and pull off easily. I redid mine with solder and electrical ties to keep it from coming apart.

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor #5  

My 29D has an override. You have to reach in from the back and lift it up. This will allow the tractor to start one time until you go back in and lift the override again.

I know this overrides the neutral but not sure about the PTO.

murph

/ Problem with PTO and starting tractor

Thanks guys! Found the problem just as you said. Must have hooked the wire while bushhogging. Poor engineering on NH part, really bad placement for electrical connectrers. Really need some type of protective cover if you are going to have connected right on the bottom of the rear axel housing were they are so exposed. Going to call dealer tomorrow and find out if they have a way to better protect these wires. Again, thank a lot I was getting very fustrated. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif