What size brush cutter for a TC45DA?

/ What size brush cutter for a TC45DA? #1  

MarkR

Tractor
NH TC45DA
First of all, thanks all for helping me decide on my new tractor. It was deliverd early DEC. and I didn`t get to use it all winter.
I am mowing 20-25 acres of horse pasture to keep the weeds and burrs down. I curantly have a 6' Land Pride rotary cutter. As much as I like my new tractor, it takes too long.
How big can I go? Should I consider a flail mower?
Thanks again for the help.
Mark

/ What size brush cutter for a TC45DA? #2  
If money is no object, try to find a 7 or 8' dual spindle setup. The TC45 has enough HP to run them. The single spindle models get quite large (length). You can run a 7' light duty single spindle, but lifting it can be a chore. Also can be hard to find a "light duty" version vs medium or heavy duty = too much weight.

My dad is happily running a 6' single on his TC40DA. But he only has to cut 10 acres.

/ What size brush cutter for a TC45DA?
Thanks for the reply.
Is a dual spindle set up like a finish mower? I dont think I have ever seen one.
Thanks

/ What size brush cutter for a TC45DA? #4  
Mark,

That's an awful lot of land for a CUT... even a 45hp.

There are some good replies and solutions, but here's what I would do! I would mow down every sapling and snag, and mow real low. In other words, prep it for a big, wide finishing mower... as wide as you can afford. I bet a 9 footer would cut your mowing time in half.

(Don't know how, but going from a 5 footer to a 6 footer and 6 more HP nearly cut my mowing time in half!)