Tires TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #1  

seacove

Tractor
NH TC33DA w/Supersteer
My TC33DA w/supersteer was delivered yesterday. I placed a post in the buying forum, and also asked a question regarding my R4 tires hitting the NH grill guard when fully articulated. I received one post from a member who indicated he heard from "New Holland" that they changed the design. I called NH but their customer service referred me back to my dealer. The service man at my dealer wasn't familiar with the issue, and accurately stated that the grill guard for my tractor was new inventory (I had to wait for delivery until it came in).

Any info/help appreciated. Thanks.

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #2  
I think you can tell by the lack of response that this is a rare problem. Any chance you can post a picture?

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #3  
Grill guards are sometimes supplied with aftermarket FEL's. Do you have a NH FEL?

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #4  
Seacove
I had the same problem with my TC33DA that was delivered a few weeks ago. The tires would contact the grill guard when turning in a tight circle. The dealers fix was to take a hack saw and cut off the protruding part of the grill guard. This should take thirty minutes and is the best fix for your problem. You can also turn your wheels around to provide a wider stance.

Attachments

• 685121-DSC03978 (Small).JPG
    685121-DSC03978 (Small).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 273
   / TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard
</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Grill guards are sometimes supplied with aftermarket FEL's. Do you have a NH FEL? )</font>

Both the FEL (15LA) and the accessory Grill Guard are NH original factory equipment.

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #6  
Seacove here are three pictures I just took of my grill guard, you can see how it was cut down.

Attachments

• 685142-DSC03978 (Small).JPG
    685142-DSC03978 (Small).JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 359
   / TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #7  
Number 2

Attachments

• 685144-DSC03979 (Small).JPG
    685144-DSC03979 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 294
   / TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #8  
Number 3

Attachments

• 685145-DSC03980 (Small).JPG
    685145-DSC03980 (Small).JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 303
   / TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Seacove here are three pictures I just took of my grill guard, you can see how it was cut down. )</font>

Thank you. I'll compare to my setup and bring to the dealer as well. Still doesn't make sense that NH would not be aware and/or have a fix for this problem.

/ TC33DA - Tires hitting grill guard #10  
Seacove and other SuperSteer owners,

There is in fact a June 2005 re-design of the grill guard to avoid the problem you found with SuperSteer. This change is so recent that I found out about it through the NH help line. Even my dealer hadn't heard about it until he looked in his most recent bulletin book. The new part number is 7198490056, at least for the TC33DA. He quoted a cost of $190.

Topshop