SuperSteer question

/ SuperSteer question #1  

topshop

Bronze Member
Are there any disadvantages with SuperSteer that are serious enough to keep a buyer away from this feature? I like the idea of tighter turning radius and automatic four-wheel drive, but I wonder about counter-intuitive FEL and attatchment behavior in tight spots and reduced ground clearance. I am inclined to purchase SuperSteer tractor but wanted to check. Thanks.

/ SuperSteer question #2  
I have no complaints about SuperSteer. I've not had any clearance problems yet as I've had her bottomed out in mud and still able to get out with Diff lock. No problems also with bottoming out on rutted up terrain. The auto 4WD is nice too.

For instance, if you happen to leave Full Time 4WD engaged and drive on the harder non recommended terrain for 4WD then the auto feature would disengage 4WD and not cause the excessive binding and grinding wear that your front axle gears would normal suffer from if left in full time 4WD.

Without the SuperSteer option the TC's still turn sharp enough to please but it's nice to turn even sharper when mowing on stable ground. You can almost practically pivot on the inside tire. No backing up or making a circle to head back the opposite direction.

With a loader on it's a little different. For 1. With a 17LA loader it sticks out a little further than the 16LA loader. Giving a little better view for loader work but designed for clearance of the Font end SuperSteer axle. With the tractor not moving you can literally turn the steering wheel to the left and your bucket will move about 8 inches to the right and vice versa. However you'll get use to it quick and see some advantages of it. If you start to move the same time your turning then the latter will not happen and your loader will travel in the direction your turning like as with the fixed front axle TC's with 16LA loader. Hope this helps and good luck! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ SuperSteer question
Thanks TMAC. It's good to hear the thoughts of a user of SuperSteer. I've pretty much convinced myself to get the option. The only thing giving me pause was that so relatively few are sold and the ground clearance issue. I'd hate to hit the extra control arm on a stump--that wouldn't be cheap.