Replacing Loader Quick Couplers

/ Replacing Loader Quick Couplers #1  

paccorti

Gold Member
Tractor
TC35D with 16LA Loader
Has anyone tried to replace their loader quick couplers on a class III boomer? One of mine is going bad (leaks all the time when connected to the loader). It does not look real easy to get a wrench on them to get them off. I would consider removing the loader mount on the tractor but at least one of those bolts seem to be blocked by the hydro pedals. Anybody try this before?

BTW the manual suggests replacing the power steering fluid and filter. Has anybody tried that either?

Peter

/ Replacing Loader Quick Couplers #2  
A 15/16th crowsfoot with a long extension on the coupler and an appropriate size angle wrench on the hex on the tube. The first factory "loader ready " tractors didn't have thread sealant at the coupler/tube connections. We got real good at removing, sealing and reinstalling the couplers. There is a drain at the bottom of the P/S reservior; takes a 13mm wrench. The reservoir body is the filter, unscrews from the base. Last time I knew, it was a $60 item. we change them very infrequently.

/ Replacing Loader Quick Couplers #3  
Peter,

I replaced 1 of mine. I had to do a lot of tapping on the old fitting between 2 hammers to get it broke loose. Once it broke free, it wasn't bad at all. Be careful not to get teflon tape or dope in the fitting or tubing.

Some or all of the 3 fittings I didn't change also had a slow leak. I had a recall on the PTO clutch, so I made them change out the fittings while it was in the shop... their nickel.

/ Replacing Loader Quick Couplers
Thanks for the help everyone. I've never heard of a crowsfoot wrench but that sounds like the ticket.

Peter