TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem #1  

ohdeerfarmer

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA "Boomer"
I took delivery of my TC24DA on 6/22/05 and so far have managed to get only 18 hours on it, mostly using the FEL to move gravel, dirt, much and compost. The FEL (12LA) is working great and with a 54" bucket I have heaped wet #411 (limestone chips & dust) and moved it without any hesitation!

So far this tractor ROCKS! I love the power steering, HST, power, fuel consumption and ease of use.

At the moment she has a hose leak below the quick disconnects on the rubber hose side. It is NOT the connector but the hoses between the bend in the hose and the crimp, the hose looks "stressed" and is cracking on the two hoses with 45 degree bend connectors. I spoke to the dealer and he said they would repair or replace the hoses but I'm affraid this will keep happening due to hose configuration. I went back thru this site and looked at a couple of pics some of you guys have with respect to hose mounting location on the FEL (12LA). From these photos it appears my FEL is plumbed differently but when I go back to the manuals I can't find any pictures or info on how the hoses should be attached. The dealer also claims the hoses are mounted properly.

There are disconnects in a row (blue green yellow & red , I think is the config?) vertically (I'm thinking the hoses were swapped and mounted wrong by the installing dealer).

Do the 45 degree bend hoses go on top and the 90 degrees go on the bottom?

I'm also having a problem with the hoses rubbing the front tire when turning. The hose is behind the bracket but it seems to be slightly too long......again I think they installed the pair incorrectly but the manual does not help with this either?!?!

Any Thoughts or Suggestions?

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem #2  
On that new of a machine, it seems odd that the hoses are cracking already. Does it sit out in the sun alot...or maybe it did proir to your purchase?? I have 75 hrs on my 24DA now, purchased in Nov 04, and no signs of the hoses cracking at all. While I do agree that the hose configuration does seem to put quite a bit of stress on them near the QD's, it shouldn't cause the hoses to split so soon.

As far as the order of the color tags, as long as the FEL operates correctly from the joystick...I doubt it matters. The color tags could have been put on in whatever order the tech felt like doing. I'm not sure about the color positions on mine, but I think their different than yours. Again...I doubt it matters.

The 45's are on top and the 90's on the bottom on mine. I also use a heavy tiewrap to secure the hoses to the frame rail and the tires don't touch now(they did before). Just don't cinch them too tight.

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem #3  
ohdeerfarmer,

Check your Private Messages

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem
Based on your comments TC & those photos from Compact1 my hoses are routed differently. The current routing is causing the 45 degree fitting hoses to be pinched on the crossmember of the FEL and has caused cracking and serious leaking.

I have re-routed one pair and will visit my dealer in the am for a replacement pair.

Thanks for the feedback!

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem
Those guys at Mechanicsburg Implement (Ohio) ROCK!

My NH dealer "bulit" two new hoses reusing the quick disconnects from my old damages hoses. After re-routing all 4 hoses she is working like a dream, no leaks, no ugly bends and no more tire rub!

/ TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem #6  
ohdeerfarmer,

I was wondering if you had any pics of the "rebuilt" hose set-up.

Although I have not had any broken/leaking hoses, I did have plenty of aggravation when trying to hook up the hoses...especially the one that had a 45 degree fitting attached to the 90 degree hose end. So I got rid of the 45 degree fittings and used a straight fitting. Worked much better. Here's a couple of pics.

Attachments

• 698041-TBN1.jpg
    698041-TBN1.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 168
   / TC24DA FEL Hyd hose problem #7  
One more.

Attachments

• 698043-TBN2.jpg
    698043-TBN2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 161