hydraulic valves and/or remotes

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #1  

ohdeerfarmer

Tractor
New Holland TC24DA "Boomer"
I puchased a TC24DA with 12LA FEL & 756c BH last month.

To operate the backhoe I must disconnect a hose under the FEL control valve and connect the backhoe hose.....therefore I can't qucickly move from FEL to BH without shutting down the tractor, practically crawling under it and swapping hoses.

There has to be a better way? Can a valve be installed to make this less troublesome or do I need a rear remote? The NH756c BH has two hoses one to the front of the tractor (mounted inside the BH frame rail the other attaches to the rear of the tractor.

My dealer is dropping by this weekend I hope he can answer my question or give me a clue to make this transition easier.

I've read several posts on rear remotes and was considering adding one next summer when I buy a scrapper or blade with hydraulics. If the rear remote will solve my BH & FEL delima I might get it installed soon....it sux doing all this swapping of hoses everytime I want to move the tractor while using the backhoe (raising the FEL)! I'm sure I could leave the FEL up but everytime I'm done with the BH and want to jump over to the FEL or vice-versa I gotta shut down & go thru this routine. Not to mention the hyd fluid I'm loosing from all those disconnects! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #2  
You need a remote... actually, it sounds like the BH was never installed right... you should be able to use both FEL and BH w/o having to do anything to the hoses.

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #3  
Not sure about the NH backhoe's & I really don't know much about them but what BadDog is saying probably makes sense. I want to borrow a colleague of mine's backhoe this summer. I asked him the same question....i.e. I only have one set of rear remotes...is that enough ?? He indicated (for a Woods BH) don't need remotes as the Woods backhoe has it's own hydraulic pump which is powered from the PTO. So the backhoe is self-contained in-so-far as it's hydraulics. At least that's what I have been led to believe.

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #4  
On my TC30, the backhoe runs off of a rear remote. The remote didn't come in for about 2 weeks and the dealer rigged it the way you described just so I could play with it. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You either need a rear remote or separate pto pump to run the hoe. Did the dealer say if the remote was on back order? They may have rigged this way as a temporary solution until the rest of the parts come in.

Rodger

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #5  
Your backhoe is plumbed incorrectly. It sounds like your dealer broke the circuit before the FEL valve instead of after it. Have him correct it since he screwed up.

BTW, when the backhoe is connected the 3pt and any remote valves are usually inoperative.

Here is a post from a few years ago that will explain what is happening. The circuit diagram from PineRidge is the correct way to connect the backhoe.

NH 3pt backhoe hydraulic hookup

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #6  
MadReferee,

Thanks for PineRidges link of BH hydraulic schematic. Perfect timing. Want to connect up a Woods BH probably in the next few weeks. Not sure if it will be same setup but at least it gives me a starting point. If I am reading the schematic correctly & from PineRidges explanation (in the link), this confirms that rear remotes are not required and if you have then they are actually isolated from the hydraulic circuit.

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #7  
Kozak you are correct. When I purchased my TC-40D we got the BH but at the time we had no rear remotes. The BH was attached via the power beyond port. We did add rear remotes later for other projects.

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I am reading the schematic correctly & from PineRidges explanation (in the link), this confirms that rear remotes are not required and if you have then they are actually isolated from the hydraulic circuit.)</font>

Yes, you are reading that correctly. The 3pt and rear remotes are disabled/disconnected when you connect as shown in the factory diagram. However, the FEL is fully operational.

/ hydraulic valves and/or remotes #9  
I second that... This is how mine is connected.