Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
Here is a link to a slightly different method that we have used to remove and re-attach our 17LA loader since new.

Although we were told this will also work for a 16LA loader as well.

See what you all think, it's a pretty smooth procedure in our opinion.

remove/re-install loader

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #2  
Mike; Most excellent. I didn't know the part about letting the loader pull you in like that. I like your little copper fitting too. I usually put a rag over the male end and tap it with a ballpeen. Think I'll make one of those gizmos though. Thanks for the thread. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What's this about concrete blocks under the parking stand? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Why would anyone do that? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist
John don't remember how we came up with that idea for the gadget to bleed the hydraulic lines. May have even spotted it somewhere else, just can't recall.

It has always worked well and it gets thrown in the tool-box until its needed the next time around.

If it works for you too then I'm pleased.

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #4  
Mike, good documentation. Just thought I would let you know that is basically the same procudure I just on my 12LA. The only 2 exceptions being how far up to raise the loader to raise/lower the kickstand. If I go all the way up it'll hit the brushguard. The other being the removal of the pins. If you pick the front tires up, there is too much pressure on them, you have to kinda be in a "neutral" position. Other than that it is exactly the same. Piece of cake, ain't it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Here is a link to a slightly different method that we have used to remove and re-attach our 17LA loader since new.

Although we were told this will also work for a 16LA loader as well.

See what you all think, it's a pretty smooth procedure in our opinion.

remove/re-install loader

)</font>

Nice series, Mike. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif Lately I've been removing my loader with the bucket removed. I do it on a packed sand surface, so it might not work as well on concrete.

Johnday: I put a 2" thick concrete stepping stone under my kickstand all the time. It keeps it from burying up in the sand and it also allows the loader arms to rotate upwards a little higher as they come out of the "sockets" on the tractor -- like moving the pivot point on a tetter-totter upwards. Anything thicker is likely to stess the kickstand when you lower the arms to pull the pins.

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist
Jim I figure that between the series that you posted some years back and now the series that we posted it gives TBN members using either a 16LA or 17LA loader more than a single option for removal of their loaders.

I can remember just how intimidating is was the first time that we removed the loader and hopefully this series will ease the frustration involved.

If this series makes it an easier task for just a single member then it was well worth the time and effort spent.

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #7  
Excellent little slide show PineRidge. Will have to try your technique next time I remove my FEL. Also, nice pointer on the use of that copper widgit.

Now....the only instruction series you are missing is the Backhoe. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't have one yet but will be borrowing one within the next few weeks. I do have the schematic that you put in an earlier post on how to connect up the hydraulic hoses.

Thanks for the post & pics.

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #8  
Jim; The concrete slab makes sense now. I take mine off on the blacktop driveway. I'll keep this in mind if I have to do it in dirt. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #9  
This would be a nice one to keep at the top of the list. I haven't had any reason to remove mine yet, but this sure looks like a good read before I do.

/ Remove 16LA or 17LA loader with a different twist #10  
Well for some reason Mike's site is blocked here at work, I guess he has nekkid tractors on there or something. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif